More efficient utilization of space (scaling) on small monitors

Hi!
I have an old Thinkpad which has 4:3 / 1024x763 resolution. The problem with OGS is that the board doesn’t scale very well with the monitor. In normal mode much of the space is taken by the browser and the OGS menu bar. Even if I use zen-mode and enable fullscreen in Firefox, it leaves at the bottom lots of unused space and so that the board is unnecessarily small. This is even more true in analyzing mode where the game tree display and browser bar takes half of the vertical space and there’s lot’s of unused space in the sides.

Another thing is, that it takes extra steps to go to fullscreen and zen mode. I don’t know if there exists a shortcut for it but that would make it somewhat easier. Adding a shortcut and/or a setting to open games automatically in zen mode would be nice. It would be even more convenient if OGS automatically scaled to smaller monitor, in example it could automatically hide the OGS menu when playing a game. I might be wrong but I think in normal use case you don’t need the menu while playing.

Summary of proposals:
a) Better scaling in zen mode
b) Adding a shortcut for entering zen mode
c) Adding a setting which makes zen mode the default
d) Making good scaling of the board the default by making changes in the layout (hiding the menu bar or something similiar)

1. You can edit your own posts, no need to reply to yourself.
  2. Who stole 5 pixels from your screen’s vertical?
  3. Charm.

I agree that “analyze” in zen mode is a bit inefficient (my screens do this too…) but the other ones aren’t that inefficient.