For a long time, a bug has existed with the mouse-hover border drawn around games on the overview page. Specifically, the border remains drawn, even if the mouse is not anywhere near the board. There may be many ways to reproduce this bug but here is one that definitely works every time:
- Navigate to the overview page and place the mouse over a board thumbnail, the mouser-hover border appears as expected.
- Press Alt+Tab and switch to any window that obscures the mouse location.
- Move your mouse to anywhere.
- With Alt+Tab, the task bar or any other method, bring the browser window in which OGS was open to the foreground.
- Observe that the mouse-hover border will still be drawn, even though your mouse is now well away from the board thumbnail. It will remain drawn until you next move the mouse over some part of the browser window.
For those of us who spend a lot of time working with a keyboard only (as programmers or writers) and often use Alt+tab to check for new moves, this is a very annoying bug. Furthermore, if the erroneous mouse-hover border is drawn on the left-most game on the page, it looks almost the same as the border that shows that it is your move, next. This means that you cannot check for demanded moves with the keyboard alone - you must switch to the browser window and move your mouse about over it to ensure that you are not seeing an artefact of this bug.