Move indicator disappeared/broken

I checked again right now, it only cycles in the 13 games it’s my turn, minus the one I know doesn’t show.

It says it’s your opponent’s turn? I wonder if you would still get it with auto-advance on.

2 Likes

For me, it seems that the game that was not being counted and not appearing in the rotation was my team go game against @Vsotvep. https://online-go.com/game/21951097

This was the original game, which, a couple of weeks ago, we forked to increase the time settings in a new game, leaving this original one paused.

1 Like

I found something interesting.

I have a game that I follow: 親睦戦
I locate it through observe games page, it’s usually somewhere close to the top. But not anymore, it’s gone.

And the total number of correspondence games - 25k is a bit low, I think. I don’t know for sure though.

So I thought maybe if I apply “friends games only” filter and see if maybe some of the friends games are missing. But the filter works weird, I think it’s broken. Maybe someone else can make an experiment.

I think it’s clear that the problem is related to this:

This is the cost of innovation.

3 Likes
Kind of off topic

How do you “follow” a game?

2 Likes

Update: after both Vsotvep and I made a move in that paused game, the issues for me now seem to be fixed. My move counter is correct, and every game seems to be cycled through when I click on it.

2 Likes

This is sad. People time out. Last three games from 25x25 tournament ended by time out.

2 Likes

Could there be some connection to the incorrect sorting in miniature view on the Home page?

2 Likes

Yes. I was brought to that page and it was my opponent’s turn. I have auto-advance on.
Today it didn’t behave like that: it was my turn, the game wasn’t shown by counter, I did my move in that game while I had other moves to do (trying to replicate the issue) but the counter simply ignored it.
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

You’re haunted. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Everything is back :raised_hands:

4 Likes

The curse resurfaced.

2 Likes

I think i broke the move counter somehow, its totally broken for me and apparently bugging for my opponents.

What i see with about ~30 games waiting my move:

[11:04]torusle: strange… I have a game against koba, and when it’s my turn, it does not show up in the “active game counter circle icon” on the upper right
[11:04]torusle: all other games just work as expected.
[11:04]adam: same torusle
[11:04]adam: with koba as well

6 Likes

That’s @Gia’s curse! :scream:

6 Likes

Yesterday I made a move but the counter didn’t go down. But when we made one move each it fixed itself.

4 Likes

I’m affected by this, too. Few hours ago I had 10+ games to reply yet my move counter has been invisible (= 0).

1 Like

I had only 4 games going, and the cache button disappeared. I think this is a bug on OGS at the moment.

1 Like

I have all of my games working with it besides my game with front and my game with afcg.

1 Like

Yep, KoBa’s fault

2 Likes

And it’s gone for me too… :frowning:

It was there, I used it to play, then autoadvance… then maybe a back to see again the move I just did, and then it broke: it sent me to a wrong game where it wasn’t my turn and then disappeared.

Gone.
No longer there.

And it’s independent from browser: it disappeared bot in chrome and Samsung browser.
The first refresh did an error popup with no text.

Could we have all then reports about move counters in one topic @moderators. I can’t keep track at all of them.
Moderators is a group right, so I can ping them?