Music question

Also, did I ever say I don’t know how to find sheets? Did I ever say I can’t find ABC sheets? Did I ever say I don’t know how to convert the keys? No.
But y’all answered all these unrelated things, because that’s what you feel at ease with.

I know, I’ve done it. Why is it so difficult to understand I can think of workarounds on my own, my simple question was “does anyone know where I can find X?”

Just chiming in to say that I, too, offer to write in solfege once you find an intriguing piece of sheet music. I just need a digital scan or a link to where I can find it.

And a friendly neighborhood reminder of our civility standards found here. @Gia’s wishes are clear, and I really don’t want to put on my moderator hat for something as creative and interesting as a request for music.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone here (of those that have responded at least) has really searched as thoroughly as you have for such specific resources. So, it may be just be very hard to find what you are looking for.

Sorry for my off-topic reply above, I didn’t realize that you were specifically looking for solfege notation below the notes.

@Vsotvep and @mark5000, rather than doing the conversion by hand, perhaps there are computer programs that could do it automatically?

1 Like

Interesting, is “Laura” what is commonly used in Greece? I think “Mary” is most commonly used in those song in English-speaking countries, and never heard another name used instead.

2 Likes

No, I meant Mary, the L’s carried me away. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just to be clear - the only reason I offered un-solicited options was because (in my humble experience) finding sheet music with “do re mi” was difficult. Not only in my experience - but as evidenced by the comments here - every one else’s experience as well.

Given that Plan A proved difficult, I thought it prudent to recommend a Plan B and Plan C - since a lot of other resources are much more available. I didn’t understand that such suggestions would be viewed by you as unwelcome, or as some sort of insult.

1 Like

There might be if you have it in the file of a musical notation program, but otherwise it would need to read the music first, assuming the source is a pdf or image.

I could find something going the other direction, though. That’s not the same system as what @Gia wants, since it’s not the pitch → score, but function → score kind of conversion…

[EDIT: Just learned the proper names for these systems: “fixed do” is the one where do = C, “movable do” is the one used for solfège]

But really, doing it by hand is not a problem.

2 Likes

Just to add to this, I have a sheet that is from a site (see above), but I only have the printout. So I know my unicorn exists, but I don’t know where.

1 Like

Does your printout have publisher information, the name of the composer or arranger, a title, or any other text that might aid an Internet search? All I can tell is that it’s a ballad in a minor key for two voices.

1 Like

Forte might to be able to do it, since it can do the scanning part, but it’s a bit of an overkill to use such a powerful program.

1 Like

And a second page with the rest of the song.
Nothing that could be tracegoogled, first thing I checked :frowning:

2 Likes

@Gia, are there any specific songs you’re searching for? I can transcribe something as well, if it doesn’t exist (I have a lot of free time :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

It’s 2.30 and I thought something was wrong with me, seeing Barbara in the video and hearing John.

Thanks. I found several here: http://easymusicnotes.com/pdf-piano-5/ (for example, Hey Jude)

2 Likes

Thank you, but I don’t want to take up anyone’s time (forum time doesn’t count, time spent posting is like eating while walking, zero calorie :grin:).

But it’s fun!

1 Like

Yes, that’s my printout!!!
Beatles I won’t, but Patsy Clein I will. :star_struck:
And I might check the rest of them, hidden gems might await. :blush:
Thank you so very much, may your glass of water always be at the right temperature. :hugs:

2 Likes

You’re welcome. As far as I can tell, besides your song and Hey Jude, only 10 others in the directory I linked have solfege, and the Patsy Clein piece isn’t one of them. My offer to write it in still stands!

1 Like

Thank you, finding this was more than I could ask for.
Kinda on the general topic, even when I try the ABC sheets, I always struggle with the thingies on the left hashtag and the other one please don’t judge me it’s 3am I don’t even remember the words in Greek, some beginner sheets have them next to each note but most have them only in their rightful place on the left.
This is a problem only solved by studying, since I always mix up the lines :woman_shrugging::upside_down_face:. This is the only thing that I wish I had devoted more time on, since it really messes up things.

1 Like