Napster's music sharing thread. Chit chat and links

A classic~

3 Likes

So coincidentaI. I originally wanted to post this. Captain Deltron sails into the depth of human conciousness.

1 Like

^^" indeedz

2 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

First the theme, then four people appear in sequence, as Come Together. It shows that John likes reggae, Paul likes drama, George is like a cuckoo clock, and Ringo just mumbles to himself. But most likely all the vocals were made by Jonh Lennon alone, who liked to make fun of others.

1 Like
4 Likes

Very avant-garde and progressive

1 Like

This is was one if my all time favorite songs before i even knew the meaning behind making it. He made it for Leary who is one of the greatest revolutionaries the US ever produced <3

1 Like

My life right nowz =_=
2 Likes

I din’t know it until you mentioned that Come Together started as Lennon’s attempt to write a song for Timothy Leary, who was at that time campaigning for governor of California against Ronald Reagan. Yes, his slogan was ‘Come together, join the party’. Later Lennon sent Leary a demo tape of this song.

This is a precious message.

Musically, Come Together took its cue from Chuck Berry’s 1956 song You Can’t Catch Me; both songs contain the lines “Here come old flat-top”. Lennon was sued by Berry’s publisher because of it.

I originally thought the lyrics:
“Here come old flattop, he come grooving up slowly
He got joo-joo eyeball, he one holy roller
He got hair down to his knee
Got to be a joker he just do what he please”
refers to Ringo. Just as the sequence of photo (skip John) shows.

The verse:
“He wear no shoeshine, he got toe-jam football
He got monkey finger, he shoot Coca-Cola
He say, “I know you, you know me”
One thing I can tell you is you got to be free
Come together right now over me”
refers to Paul (barefoot), as the photo shows.

For George:
“He bad production, he got walrus gumboot
He got Ono sideboard, he one spinal cracker
He got feet down below his knee
Hold you in his armchair, you can feel his disease
Come together right now over me”
Bad production, Georege indulged in Indian meditation. A side board refers to pulling to the side or distracting. Yoko Ono would pull John away from the band. So as a member of this band and a good friend of John, he has no choice but to bear it.

For John himself:
"He roller-coaster, he got early warning
He got muddy water, he one mojo filter
He say, “One and one and one is three”
Got to be good-looking because he’s so hard to see
Come together right now over me "
He likes Muddy Waters, no doubt about it. In the development of Beatles John gradually lost his dominance, so he had to dress himself up so that the rest three people won’t ignore him.

Well, it’s only my very subjective interpretation. Or is there no any relationship between the album photo and lyrics? I do not know.

3 Likes

Another song written by John lennon to activist Jonh Sinclar.
"They gave him ten for two
What else can the judges do? "

For his “crime” (the possession of two marijuana cigarettes!), Sinclair was sentenced to ten years in prison. Like the young people in Hong Kong today, what “crime” did they commit to deserve ten years prison?

"It ain’t fair, John Sinclair
In the stir for breathing air
Won’t you care for John Sinclair?
In the stir for breathing air
Let him be, set him free
Let him be like you and me ”

2 Likes

The song The Smashing Pumpkins is rather pessimistic. It also seems to be a reality of this world, always disappointing, the weak always weak, the strong always strong.
To us, we seem to exist to be swallowed.

But hold on, keep fighting.

1 Like

Idk if there is a connection between the album art and the song. My little cousin believes in insane conspiracy theorys that im not even gonna parrot here about some beetles stuff lol.

Also I’m glad to have taught you a lil something about the history of that song :smiley:

1 Like

I haven’t heardz this yetz :smiley: thanks for sharing
I only know this was started at my local university for him :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know it.

1 Like