Need help finishing this one..."Twelve Days of Go Christmas"

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me; a lesson in self-atari.

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me; two eyes to live by and a lesson in self-atari.

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me; three simple nakade, two eyes to live by and a lesson in self-atari.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me; four ‘Graded Go Problems for Beginners’, three simple nakade, two eyes to live by and a lesson in self-atari.

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me; :top: :musical_note: their beloved kaya board. Four ‘Graded Go Problems for Beginners’, three simple nakade, two eyes to live by and a lesson in self-atari.

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me; six “basic” joseki, :top: :musical_note: their beloved kaya board. Four ‘Graded Go Problems for Beginners’, three simple nakade, two eyes to live by and a lesson in self-atari.

So I need six people to donate a ‘day idea’ each and we need to finish it by Jan 6th (the twelfth day of Christmas).

4 Likes

Your true love seems quite generous, so I’m going to suggest seven stones plus komi for the seventh day. You might also consider some taisha variations later on.

3 Likes
pls forgive me, I’m better at criticizing others’ work than at proactively creating, that’s why one of my jobs was proofreader ;-)

On the 5th day I’d have expected “a Lumpy Five” :slight_smile:

“Eight live, six die” might also be something for later

3 Likes

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me; eight quick kibitzes

4 Likes

Yes indeed. Get a load of this. Just the last verse for simplicity:

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, Twelve months paid Go study leave, eleven kibitzes kibitzing, ten thousand Go memes, nine star points shining, eight mods a modding, seven stones plus komi, six “basic” joseki, :top: :musical_note: their beloved kaya board. Four ‘Graded Go Problems for Beginners’, three simple nakade, two eyes to live by and a lesson in self-atari.

All subject to review and of course anyone is welcome to mix-n-match, make up their own or even post an audio :exclamation:

3 Likes

Oh darn, I guess I was meant to wait until tomorrow. Sorry.

1 Like

Not at all. I had a sudden rush of blood and stole your idea for day 11 (see above).

Us creative types are notorious for being erratic and undisciplined but please have fun with this idea in any way that springs to mind.

1 Like

https://senseis.xmp.net/?AGoChristmasCarol

1 Like