New account conversion rate?

[20:54]beri: Hi everyone, a newly arrived member can’t play against the weakest bots, despite being a complete beginner who never played a full game. The site displays a message saying sth around "you can’t play

[21:10]Vsotvep: Hi beri, yes, this is a bit of a problem that we are aware of. My best advice currently is to play some stronger opponents and lose a couple of games. Within 2 or 3 games you should be able to challenge the weakest bots

Once more. (Today help chat) Now go find which enough strong player you are allowed to play with to crush you {Oh maybe i missunderstood, i can play a 2d bot so dan should be for beginners ranks? } and please appreciate the slow decrease until you will have free white card to play someone beginner like you. If you ask me why, let me tell you that’s because we fight sandbaggers like this and maybe you are one of them, who knows? Let’s be honest before infliging the pain.
Already said somewhere? Well nothing new on the horizon too.

Slow decrease: after @Conrad_Melville honest experience to go through 7 games to get his 11k ranking, i can believe post before who talk about observation for 25-30 games to go to 25k. and even if it’s less like let say 15 it’s still far too much for a crushing welcome to a beginner.
How long OGS will be the champion of hazing between all go servers?
rant off.

1 Like