New Android app for playing on OGS

I have experienced the same problem as Leira, I will lodge a report on GitHub for it.

Great work ! But why the app is not on the Playstore ?

1 Like

App is not on the playstore because creator does not have an account, which would cost $20 (I believe)

I think at some point he said that if anyone wants to buy him a playstore account heā€™ll put the app on there as well but for now heā€™s using the free github and f-droid alternatives.

Is that a flat rate? Pay once and use forever?

An android developer licence is a one time fee of $25. For iOS is is $99/yr.

disclosure: I am a mobile application developer.

2 Likes

Thanks I wasnā€™t certain Iā€™d just heard it mentioned thanks for the clarification

Just downloaded Version 1.0.2 Very nice!

Iā€™d like:

1. Color (theme) choices
  2. Settings page to display version number.

Iā€™m liking the app, I just wish it was easier to maneuver around it. Currently when i go into settings i see no way to go back aside from closing the app. The same with finishing a game and wanting to start a new one, I have to close the app again. These are minor things but would make the app much better I feel.

1 Like

My phoneā€™s ā€œbackā€ button works fine in such situationsā€¦ does your phone not have one?

2 Likes

version number can be found in f-droid where you download updates

1 Like

I plead the fifth >_>.

I didnā€™t think of that to be honest, yes that makes things much smoother.

2 Likes

Iā€™m gladā€¦ i didnā€™t want to assume you had one, and I can imagine many things would suck if you didnā€™t :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Would it be hard to implement challenging other players by their name or from friend list?

Also I had a problem with app: I have started a game, misclicked, and instinctively pressed back to undo the move but it have closed the game instead and it was not listed in ā€œmy gamesā€.
Now after reading the thread I figure that swipe down should work to refresh the list, but it was not obvious, so I had to finish the game from browser.

Also, the application should be able to remember password. Currently it asks for password every time I open it.

For a few days I have problems with the application, when I enter the game the session is disconnected in seconds, the only way to keep the session is to enter a game that is in progress.