New Huge Rengo Match

Fine by me

1 Like

That seems consistent.

1 Like

Yes - it may be that rather than “per player clocks” as an option, the option is “sudden death (normal rengo)” or “last person standing” settings … last person standing is implemented with “per player clocks” and “keep playing if someone drops out”.

I wish there was a better label than “sudden death” for “normal rengo”. Maybe it is just that “last person standing” is a checkbox, and unchecked is “normal”.

3 Likes

‘Strict’ vs ‘Last player standing’

1 Like

I think “Last player standing” sounds a bit too serious, when it refers to a setting that aims to be more flexible for casual games.

How about “Strict” vs “Casual”?

6 Likes

We also need to adapt the game record message to be consistent:

• Casual: Fun was had
  • Strict: Serious fun was had
12 Likes

Looks like a lot of these are shaping up to be “Huge Rengo” matches :joy:

Any thoughts on how to deal with the correspondence organizer who forgets they made a game? Maybe auto start after X days?

1 Like

Yes, I have been pondering the same… it seems to make some sense.

Other options include specifying the number of players that will trigger start.

2 Likes

If the organizer is so uninterested in his game, should we auto-cancel it rather than start it? I’m afraid the latter could be a recipe for abandoned games.

5 Likes

This also has occurred to me - indeed. So an expiry date for this kind of challenge.

None of these things are exclusive - we could have one or more.

One thing to note about the current lot is that they were created at the time when it was difficult to manage multiple correspondence matches, so I may just get them cleaned up and see how the problem persists…

3 Likes

For those interested, @_Sofiam’s new huge rengo is getting close to 100 players. Just a few more before we can (presumably) begin this mess!

3 Likes

@_Sofiam’s game now has 100 participants.

3 Likes

I had already noticed, but thanks. Now I’m trying to split up the teams, it’s going to take a while :sweat_smile:

Edit: finished! https://online-go.com/game/40925179

8 Likes

Gee, if only we had auto-balance :smiley: :smiley:

5 Likes

I made an SL article: Sofia's Mega Rengo at Sensei's Library

6 Likes

Is it even the largest rengo so far? Were there some others that have had over 100 players?

Let’s hope it doesn’t end early because of some bug.

3 Likes

Thank you!

I don’t think it is the biggest one that started, but the others ended prematurely due to the account cancellations. Now among the open games there is one with 123 players (opened by Animowany babsztyl )

2 Likes

Looks like it’s unpaused now!:partying_face:

5 Likes