New Kaya board from Kuroki Goishiten question

Quick question, are the new kaya table boards from kuroki the same as shin-kaya (alaskan spruce) boards sold elsewhere or are they still genuine kaya? I ask because they’re not labeled shin-kaya in their store but other sites always use the label shin-kaya for the imitation spruce.

Since shin-kaya literally translates to “new kaya” I am guessing that the new kaya boards are shin-kaya.

Torreya nucifera, also known as Japanese nutmeg or Japanese torreya

Spruce, probably Alaskan or Tibetan

So, no vendor will call their precious Kaya boards “Shin Kaya”, and Mr. Kuroki will certainly not sell Shin Kaya boards as “Kaya”.

1 Like

Ok, I didn’t think kuroki would sell shin-kaya boards but I wanted to clarify. Do they just mean young kaya trees are used then? I’ve also seen hon-kaya boards being sold by kuroki’s, is there a difference between their hon-kaya and new kaya?

“hon” means “true/honest”. if mr. kuroki sells “hon-kaya” boards and “new kaya” boards, then i would interpret that the first are kaya, the second arent. and as @koolbreeze pointed out already, “shin” also means “new”.

EDIT: but i have never heard of mr. kuroki before, so if @trohde knows they only sell kaya boards then i am wrong of course :slight_smile:. (he never said that xD)

I didn’t say that, only that Mr. Kuroki wouldn’t sell Shin Kaya as “Kaya” :wink:

3 Likes

yeah right. i should read more carefully…

Shin also means the meatless area of skin-on-bone on the front of the leg that smarts like hell when it’s hit on the bed frame in the dark.

3 Likes

“Meat” actually refers to non-human (muscle and fatty ~) tissue intended for consumption, whereas “flesh” is the human counterpart, not intended for consumption. If someone were to offer you flesh as meat - perhaps even calling it “new meat”, you should kindly reject the offer and inform at least the public health department.

3 Likes