New Landing Page Idea

It’s getting really good! However, I’m also of the opinion that the ladders aren’t needed. Or the buttons on the right. The nav bar already has those covered. Maybe open/upcoming tournaments could be displayed more prominently? I’d also still love the chat to be there somewhere.

I’m a little worried about the requests for modular ‘please everyone’ solutions. If they ever do get implemented, let it be after a basic default landing page is decided, otherwise we could be waiting a long time for any change.

I think other board sizes and time settings can be added later if it looks like they could support a decent pool of players. No point in adding a 13x13 button if it takes 15 minutes to get a game. Less is more.

1 Like

This is where the observation

comes in. If matching on 13x13 is quick now then it would be justified to have it’s own button. Maybe the problem is that everyone has their own preferences for 19x19 and either makes custom games, find opponents directly somehow, uses tournaments or ladders or something but doesn’t use automatch much. In that case then maybe the 19 button should be changed for 13…

I’m being a bit provocative for effect ofc but actually with a good filterable custom game lobby/list maybe automatch wouldn’t even be so important… Especially if automatch matched from that list too.

In that case then maybe the 19 button should be changed for 13…

Now how much time do you have for me to explain how much I do not want that :neutral_face:

Jokes aside, leave 19x19 alone, it works well. We don’t even know if 13x13 queue is really faster (one person’s comment is not enough, especially since it is highly variable depending on rank, timezone and chance).

1 Like

Let’s just compromise with a 16x16 button instead

8 Likes

Added 13x13 and moved the Correspondence games to the left. Top 3 and on the right side is top 3 active games.

5 Likes

Hey is there some way of testing that desktop landing page to see how it works?

It’s just images atm. No functionality yet. That would take a lot more time for just a rough draft. @_KoBa

1 Like

I have seen some great ideas about the landing page here.
Let’s hope that at least some of them will be realised in the near future.

1 Like