New web service to discuss Baduk. How is it?

I made service for Baduk players.

“A specialized and inclusive social network for Baduk players”

One of the main features is a proprietary Board with simple interface and can insert Board in contents easily.

Please use it! and What do you think?

2 Likes

I can’t access it, I’ll try again later.

really, sorry for that. maybe it’s ok in my environment now.

Seems OK. But if it is going to be social, then surely we need to be able to discuss games.

I can’t see how to do that…

then surely we need to be able to discuss games.

What you talk about is playing game?
The initial concept for this site is for “Content site” about Baduk.
How to use Board - Godokoro

(Or, the usage of Board is here)

But very helpful opinion, thank you.

There should be a place where people can post content to explain the basics of Baduk for beginners, request to review games, and have advanced discussions about joseki, fuseki and professional games.

Sure, there are places where discussions about Baduk are taking place, such as the reddit community, lifein19×19, OGS forum and so on. But, these platforms are not the best platforms for posting about Baduk.(not optimized for posting with Board View)

Are you aware of GoKibitz? I think it fulfills that brief well.

I’m not sure I understand the UI of your site, but I’m interested :D

2 Likes

No, I’m referring to discussing the moves in the game. As bugcat said, like GoKibitz.

“Social” functions are all about discussion and sharing ideas.

So far what I saw in this service is the ability to enter a game and display it, but I didn’t find the help for discussing each move, and variations.

2 Likes

ok sorry, I think the problem is on my side, my Chinese provider doesn’t seem to like it (my guess)

Good luck in your project

1 Like

This looks really cool! Will it be possible to embed these diagrams on other sites and forums, or is it only for the godokoro website? Either way, it looks really nice ^.^

1 Like

Yes. I think there are some differences, summarized in the above post.
Briefly,

• It’s not only for reviewing a whole game, but also a more specific situation(Joseki, Shape, etc)
  • the view and method of discussion
  • the vision to accumulate contents as reference

Ok, I have to implove the explanation of the UI and my english skills… Thank you for your interest.

No, I’m referring to discussing the moves in the game. As bugcat said, like GoKibitz.

Oh, I understood.

So far what I saw in this service is the ability to enter a game and display it, but I didn’t find the help for discussing each move, and variations.

I added explanation for how to discuss each move and variations in here. Is it match…?

In any case, I noticed there should be more explanations of the site UI thanks to your comment.

I think you understood :slight_smile:

Now, I went to the home page: https://www.godokoro.net/

and I tried to click through the 10 moves showing in the comment by MaySolo, about Black Boomerang.

But that board does not seem “alive”.

I clicked on the big grey triangles next to the board, and they did nothing.

FYI - user experience: not doing what I expected, what are these things?

Then I looked at the next post, and it behaves differently: the big triangles step through the game. The game is shown at the empty board, instead of at the end of a sequence. I don’t understand why these are different.

I wanted to see what comments ry0ra1ra1 had left on the game, but I had to click through every move to find moves with comments in them. I couldn’t see how to determine if I had found all the comments yet.

Thank you for positive feedback encourage me!
I want to make embedding diagrams on other sites possible in the future, but is only for the Godokoro for a while. thx.

1 Like

Thank you.

But that board does not seem “alive”.

I clicked on the big grey triangles next to the board, and they did nothing.

I described the way of Board’s playback in here.

FYI - user experience: not doing what I expected, what are these things?

About user experience, maybe I have to explain more easily and effectively, and get users used to the UI. One of the reason “not doing what I expected” is it is different from other board component, but is understandable if get used to, in my opinion.

Then I looked at the next post, and it behaves differently: the big triangles step through the game. The game is shown at the empty board, instead of at the end of a sequence. I don’t understand why these are different.

The board can be inserted into comment with a specific sequence of a game, not only initial or end of a sequence.
I think this spec is not bad but is hard to understand surely. Maybe I have to describe it in somewhere.

Overall, I sensed that it is not enough easy for new visitors to use, your comments make me a lot of realize!

1 Like