Notes in Game

Would it be possible to add a feature where you can put a note to a game that only you can see? When you are playing several correspondence games simultaneously, you sometimes forget why you made a move when it takes a while until your opponent respond so it would be good to be able to add personal notes that only you can see to games.

1 Like

Use malakovich?

2 Likes

Or “Personal”, which is exactly what the OP wants and is already implemented

6 Likes

Thanks! Now I found it.

2 Likes

Because a picture tells more than a 1000 words …

At the bottom of the game page (at the right side)

Both players and third party can read it.
If a third party sends a message it can only be read by the players AFTER the game is finished.

If you click at CHAT, the Malkovich mode opens. Both players and third party can read this only after the game is finished.

Click Malkovich and you arrive in the Personal mode.
Here you can make a note only to yourself. No one else can read this. Not during and after the game.

3 Likes

I thought Malko is visible to spectators during the game, which is one of the advantages?

1 Like

@Samraku was right, best fitting is personal notes.
To use malakovich furthermore you need some good trust level (like for a special game in an event) because it’s easy to bypass.

2 Likes

That is not actually the case.

The only person who can not read it while the game is in progress is the opponent.

It is visible to everyone except the opponent - it is intended to be used to give spectators insight into what the player is thinking.

3 Likes

In that case the text in the window right of Malkovitch is confusing and incorrect.

1 Like

LOL yeah I see it’s not great. it’s not “incorrect” but it’s certainly misleading or confusing at best!

Looks much better. How about replacing “till after” with “during”

2 Likes

Much better, thanks, done.

1 Like