Numbers on stones are needless in analyse mode

Remove them.
I download games and analyse with KGS.
Got sick of it.
Regards.

I’m willing to bet more people find the numbers useful than annoying.

Also there’s no need to spam the forums with multiple topics saying the same thing. Numbers on stones are not very necessary on analyse board

6 Likes

So then you don’t care, right?

4 Likes

I highly doubt we’ll remove the stone numbers; they are very useful.

7 Likes

I think he means that he got sick of having numbers there and for this reason now he analyses on KGS.

3 Likes

They can be optional.
Pls consider it.

1 Like

I’m just curious: no shade. Why does this bug you? Like, does it prevent something?

Edit:

They could put roman numerals on them for all I care. Letter 'em: “A-b-c-d,” yaknow? It’s not like they are numbered on the board. Maybe I’m missing something. I dunno. I’m sorry. I was six beers in last night–now I’m like four shots…

Redaction under consideration…

5 Likes

With long variations, I can’t see the shape clearly. It gets confusing. Try it with 30 moves long.

It should be optional.

1 Like

So wait, it’s numbered on the board for you? It doesn’t number pieces on the board for me, only in the little variation box. Otherwise, what shapes are in the variation box but a long string of stones?

1 Like

They’re talking about in analyze mode, in which yes, the numbers are marked on the stones on the board. See screenshot shamelessly stolen from Google image search for “OGS analyze mode” because I’m on mobile and that seemed easier. 0b5d01305b4fd9559de32ab793d827f14398e6dd_2_690x388~2

2 Likes

The order of stone placement is kind of important.

But, I understand you just want it to be an option.

6 Likes

Also helps you remember which stones are actually part of the game and which ones you’ve added

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.