OGS client Creators I summon thee

http://www.josekifarm.com

this sucks via cell phone, but the idea is great!

so can anyone integrate this into OGS/a new client?

2 Likes

OMG!

This could cause me serious problems!!!

Play joseki farm (alpha) every day! Play joseki farm (alpha) instead of sleeping! Play joseki farm (alpha) instead of having friends!

Yep… THAT kind of problems!

4 Likes

I bet this is another example of an app that gets rediscovered over and over again.

And unfortunately despite this being a fun thing to play with, one needs to understand joseki, not just play through it.

2 Likes

I imagine there’s an ongoing debate about the usefulness of simply knowing how joseki go.

A second unfortunate thing about this app is that Kojo’s is really quite out of date. I suppose that old joseki would generally still be good for something, but when a silly ole DDK like me can recognise valid joseki (at least according to josekipedia) that the app says are not … you have to wonder.

3 Likes

I share my doubts on this site.

5 Likes

Alpha

See also: Alpha release

Alpha is the stage when key gameplay functionality is implemented, and assets are partially finished.[153] A game in alpha is feature complete , that is, game is playable and contains all the major features.[154] These features may be further revised based on testing and feedback.[153] Additional small, new features may be added, similarly planned, but unimplemented features may be dropped.[154] Programmers focus mainly on finishing the codebase, rather than implementing additions.[152]

:wink:

2 Likes

Sure and… we’re doing alpha testing and giving alpha feedback… :wink:

1 Like

If possible, they should merge Kogo’s and Josekipedia data, that would at least cover most of the less common sequences.

But more importantly… how could you possibly miss the chance to call it AlphaJo ?

Or at least AlphaJoseki.

3 Likes

I don’t think you can download josekipedia can you?

I guess you could crawl it…

And then BetaJo when the (beta) is released? :smiley:
And then what? StableJo? :rofl:

3 Likes

Notice that the site was developed before AlphaGo, in 2015. And it didn’t change much. So it’s forever alpha.

2 Likes

This can be a starting point:

immagine

I wonder if the colour is related to the number of variations.

If you open with tengen, that’s a fuseki, not a joseki, right?

1 Like

It also says hoshi, low approach, low response, slide, tenuki is wrong

That was a probe. :wink:

1 Like

yes ive given up on this thing.

Oh, you shouldn’t (well, you should give up on josekifarm, but not the idea of having this sort of thing).

I’m working on it now :slight_smile:

I’m not going to attempt to “integrate that thing”.

Rather, I’m building a feature like this for OGS.

Very early days right now: I can click in one direction through joseki sequences that I have manually loaded into the back end.

My goals are

• Better curation and filtering/selection than josekipedia
  • Ability to play through like josekifarm (though I doubt if my version would be as gamey with pineapples etc)’

Before too long I’ll be needing input on how the curation and filtering should work.

GaJ

9 Likes

Cool!

1 Like

Progress report:

5 Likes

Lovely!

((and beware: don’t touch those hairy worms, they’re very stinging, at least here in Italy :wink: ))