OGS Community Go resources

1. That I don’t think I even remembered it existed. Oops.
  2. That, now that I saw it, it’s a more extensive list, I’d like to focus on OGS community produced resources.
2 Likes

I created a ttorial *Waaay back at the beginning of lockdown.) If anyone wants to check over my work before thats cool by me. And, if its not good enough or not the right thing, then thats also cool. But i thought it was worth at least posting up in here.

4 Likes

Fridays with xhu98…the good old days :smiley:

It’s not certain when I’ll return to my YouTube or Twitch, but I’ll probably resume when I feel I’ve got the time and the production quality!

7 Likes

Thanks for putting this together and including my project, @Gia! I’m impressed by how thorough some of these resources are, such as Mark’s beginner series. I’m a fan of 9x9, so it’s also cool to see it getting attention with the 81 Little Lions book.

4 Likes

I added the YT playlists category, for when we need something more specific in a channel (I selfishly needed the crazy nines series and couldn’t easily find it, so :woman_shrugging:).

3 Likes

You might also like this

which I just added above

4 Likes

@sanderl - I’ve really enjoyed Katrain as a learning tool - maybe add it to the resources above?

2 Likes

Added, with minor change in formatting. Hope it looks ok @Gia :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It looks fine. :slight_smile:

Added Charles Matthews’ “Shape Up” which is hosted here on OGS.

3 Likes

(@trohde if anyone starts the “is he a member of OGS community” you’re on your own :stuck_out_tongue:).

(EDIT: 200+ pages? I’m glad I sorted my printer yesterday.)

4 Likes

How about Antons youtube channel?

Sofiam also does a go youtube channel.

I miss the category of non digital books. Ishi is in the sensei’s library, but there are also other publishers in the go world.
Is the go magazine GoWorld digitalised?

51QPV0A9cJL.SX373_BO1,204,203,200

They are both in the original post. :wink:

3 Likes

@Atorrante Please keep that in mind, this is the purpose of this specific thread. This is not a “links about Go” thread.

1 Like

It’s OT but to answer you about goworld: yes
And because we are OT and you already put that big pic of that book, you should add a few words:
If you like lengthly detailed and exhaustive introduction to the game, you should start with * go for beginners *(Iwamoto Kaoru). Players coming from chess for example will usually enjoy this book.

Then this “basic techniques of go” is the perfect follow-up, written in the same spirit.

Ah, OK, guess I hadn’t really understood the “OGS Community” part :wink:

But as Charles Matthews has explicitly allowed to host his book, and as @anoek was the initial creator of the first official CC PDF edition, I’d think that Charles is an honorary member of OGS :smiley:

4 Likes

I didn’t mean you should start it, if no one else did. :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The OGSer Noah Doss

Nowadays he seems to be posting JRPG walkthroughs or something, but a few years ago he made a good series reviewing Cho Chikun games.

Can’t find his OGS account any more, but I spoke to him in chat last year.

1 Like

I started making some ‘puzzles’ (descriptions/info/walthroughs) and actual puzzles for new players. If I keep adding to it maybe it’ll get to some beginner material that could be useful to the broad range of 25kyu+ players.

Looking at some of the set available, I feel like even the beginner puzzle sets can be a bit too much for new players trying to learn the rules.

It’s not polished or prefect or finished in any way. It just exists at the moment.

Link here https://online-go.com/puzzle/22655

6 Likes