OGS now has a full time developer!

Good.

3 Likes

Great news!

I will second the request for more communication on upcoming features.

Iā€™d love a full road map, but would be quite happy with just those items that are approaching the testing phase. I think regular announcements of the new features available in Beta would let folks know what is coming and encourage more testers.

Iā€™ve also doubled my monthly support.

And let me add a feature request: Either provide a means to change the monthly support or at least add a note that the first step in changing the support amount is to cancel the current payments.

Good fortune to @anoek, @matburt, and your families.

5 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s definitely on the shorter list of things to do!

Thanks for the increased support!

4 Likes

My little heart is pumping with joy :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Wonderful! Congratulation @anoek! :smiley:

4 Likes

are there ways for other skilled developers who would like to donate their time to help?

4 Likes

Congratulations ! Letā€™s keep the good job going.

One big request though : everything now is about android and IOS apps. OGS should get there as fast as possible. That would be amazing, and OGS would be way ahead of the others.

3 Likes

Congratulations!

Now if you would stop requiring a credit card to throw money at you, you would get some from me as well. Iā€™d seriously like to support the site, but I am not going to get a credit card especially for it.

2 Likes

Congratulations. I continue to experience unwanted moves when playing on my iPad. Users have been understanding and allowing an ā€œundoā€ for the obvious misclick. It would be nice if this bug were eliminated. Great site and congrats again.

2 Likes

Congratulations! By the way, http://ogs.uservoice.com/ link is a deep link without a hyperlink. It is not really accessible if you donā€™t know the address. I think, a link in the main menu (like, feature requests) or at least a pinned post in the forum would be nice. Kudos again. Keep up the good work. Peace and love, h.

5 Likes

congrats! Hope everything works out for you!

3 Likes

Speaking personally, seems to me that everyone who uses OGS with any regularity has a responsibility to become a site supporter to help finance OGSā€™s operation. And I put my money where my mouth is because Iā€™m a supporter on two of my accounts. Just wish everyone would do the same (well . . . not necessarily on two accts)

3 Likes

Just before anybody might misunderstand this ā€¦

Of course I sympathize with your opinion (I also am a supporter, albeit with a quite small regular amount) :slight_smile:

But I also want to mention that I (and assumedly we all) know (also from own experience) there are many people with very little or no money at hands. Iā€™d just want you all to know that you people also support OGS: by your mere presence and support for other players, either by reviewing, or by helping in the chat or forum ā€” OGS wouldnā€™t be the nice and friendly place without all you nice and friendly players :heart:

11 Likes

There is a link on the main page, itā€™s labeled ā€œFeature Requests & Suggestionsā€ā€¦

3 Likes

Personally, I felt I had a responsibility to support OGS. I actually cancelled a subscription (for roughly the same amount) for another online game site because I felt that OGS was a much more deserving place to spend that money, however I agree with trohde. Not everyone can afford to support OGS financially. So anyone who contributes through playing, and especially teaching, reviewing, etc is also a very important part of the OGS community.

4 Likes

Congratulations! Really awesome!

3 Likes

Thanks for the pointer. To be honest, I checked before writing my message but didnā€™t see it. Since there is a menu, I forgot to check the bottom of the page. To be honest I think different page footers is a bit confusing. The website footer can be the same for all pages.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s good news ! Keep up the good work, you deserve our support, OGS is a great server !

4 Likes

Indeed, itā€™s been a challenge to make things accessible but not in the way, Iā€™m looking forward to making a lot of ui/ux improvements though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome. Glad I could help out, even if Iā€™m not on the site as much as I used to be myself, I gladly continue support and encourage others to do so.

3 Likes