OGS rank mixed with all board sizes?

If you have a problem with it, why cry about it in the forum? Nobody forces you to play ranked 9x9 or 13x13 games.

you don’t get it, do you, because they are affecting me as well,only because we are playing on the same server, and not only it affects me but also others as well, even including you by the way

While I don’t think most people is the same as most games (some people play much more games than others)

It looks like 9x9 wasn’t too far behind 19x19 in games played. If I’m not interpreting that post wrong

5 Likes

If someone gets very good playing 9x9, then they play a 19x19 against you, that affects you too.

3 Likes

It may affect your overall rank but not any of your 19x19 specific ranks. In my opinion your arguments don’t justify requesting the removal of ranked 9x9 and 13x13 games in the slightest.

2 Likes

@Aiygo Did you read the explanation from 2020 that explains why the 9x9 and 13x13 games are included when calculating players’ ranks? This discussion will go nowhere if you don’t read it. Here is the link: 2020 Rating and rank tweaks and analysis

6 Likes

every time I see a response I just facepalmed, this is truly sad and disappointing, it seems like no one can see the bigger picture, replying to everyone drains my energy, and it doesn’t seem like anyone share my opinion, I will stop now, sigh.

1 Like

I don’t know, i’ve seen other servers having ranked games on 9x9 and 13x13 boards so why shouldnt we have those here on OGS too? In general i feel like OGS should provide the same settings as other servers, otherwise those players who prefer certain settings will go elsewhere >__>

I’ve seen quite many users who play almost exclusively on smaller boards, if those games would all be unranked then those users would never get a rating which matches their skills and abilities.

6 Likes

Please show us an example :slightly_smiling_face: frankly I think this is impossible.

In this case, “they” includes you. Since you also play ranked 9x9 and ranked 13x13. In fact, you have played both this very month. :man_shrugging: also, I might add, in both cases the overall ranks of each player correctly predicted the result.

7 Likes

It seems, then, that I’ll be doing everyone a favour by closing this thread.

13 Likes