OGS Weekend Games

Hello, OGS users! I’m gonna make a humble invitation to you all. The idea is to make one live game each weekend, as a kind of OGS weekend show. The games would start on friday night and have a 4h absolute time control, and the players would play all along the weekend as they can, making use of the game pausing feature. Of course, what “friday night” is would be agreed between both players according to their timezone. :wink:

So, let me know what you think, and also let me know if you are looking forward to play or observe these. We can of course arrange these games through this post.

Regards!
Mariano

EDIT: Check out the new suggested time control. We hope that it will work out well.

5 Likes

I think that’s a great idea! :smile:

2 Likes

Sundays with mlopezviedma? :smile:

4 Likes

Next weekend (January 31th - Febrary 1st) we will have the pleasure to watch @noahthefuzzy vs. @Fairgo playing the inaugural weekend game. We hope to see lots of kibitzers and malkovich logs! :smiley:

EDIT: This game was posponed to Febrary 14th - 15th weekend.

1 Like

Great idea!

So - did this end up actually happening? Or did the idea of a weekend game fizzle out?

1 Like

As far as I remember it didn’t happen. If Fairgo is up for it I’m open this weekend

That particular game just fizzled out, @archpaladin1, but we’ll continue with the idea if we gather players that are willing to play. :smiley:

@noahthefuzzy That would be great!

Check out the EDIT in the main post.

I’m going to have to pull out unfortunately. Too many things are happening at once for me at the moment. It’s a great idea, and I hope you find the players to make this a success!

1 Like

It’s too bad - it sounds like there’s not a lot of headway for this.

I’d offer to play one of these games, but I’m not sure people want to see my DDK skills. :stuck_out_tongue: