[on OGS] European Online Women's Go Championship 2020

If that is the case I definetly would not like tournaments turning their back to OGS, as it has the most accessible user interface I have seen on a Go site today.

I wonder though how much it actually makes it possible to cheat. Thinking that most big tournaments require their players to film their sceen. Maybe someone with connections to EGF or AGA could ask the relevant people there :wink:

@Groin: Opening a private tab still allows you to see the page as anonymous user. IP is difficult, as it can have side effects. I would rely on tournament organisers to deal with the problem. But try to not give them too many problems :wink:

Well we have the kibbitz running, and if there is no AI for all, I am pretty sure AI will be mentioned in the chat.

If AI is allowed for everyone it won’t change that much the cheating side…

Note that the tournament page now has the photos of the players. Could it be that I planted the idea by posting photos of Russian players? https://eurogofed.org/women/2020.html

Sadly they are not on the proper sequence. What a strange idea! Who is who? A few have a clue on the pic.

1 Like

You put the photos on the page but only a few people knows who is who… :thinking:
I think it would be a good idea to make a links directly to the games on OGS in the result tables.

@S_Alexander didn’t say he did that page himself

01st Dec Jitka Bartova (2d, Czech Republic) – Ariane Ougier (4d, France) 0 - 1

02nd Dec 2020 Natalia Kovaleva (5d, Russia) - Elvina Karlsberg (4d, Russia)

1 Like

They do for title matches on The Nihon ki-in, youtube page. The 68th oza match game 4 is going on now. https://www.youtube.com/c/nihonkiin_ch/videos is their page.

Then one day for breaking tie matches might not be enough :smile:

Hm it does not even terminate if they play all-vs-all: if each player wins once and looses once, then nothing changes :flushed:

yes it was very fascinating game.

It’s been fixed, rejoice~

1 Like

Secret game was played away from anyone’s eyes. Fighty as usual, I’m looking forward to play-offs.

Ha, they mixed up 8 o’clock and 20 o’clock apparently. The person who entered the numbers could not believe anyone would meet at 8 in the morning apparently :smile:

1 Like

At the same time amateur tournament is going on.

https://www.nihonkiin.or.jp/event/amakisen/worldjoryuama/01/result.html

You can see Mirta Medak, Milena BOCLE, Diana Burdakova there. Also, Manuela Marz?

(from https://www.eurogofed.org/women/2020.html)

Round 4 Quarter Final (11-13 Dec):

Elvina Kalsberg (Russia) – Isabel Donle (Germany)

Alexandra Urban (Hungary) – Manja Marz (Germany)

11th Dec 14:00 (CET) Natalia Kovaleva (Russia) – Virginia Shalneva (Russia)

Ariane Ougier (France) – Dina Burdakova (Russia)

Very uneven play-offs. Bottom part has all the best players.

Apparently there is another morning game, happening right now :slight_smile:

Not sure it’s about mood can just be a bit too heavy stuff, early ko and difficult fighting…

1 Like

An interview with Natalia Kovaleva was published (in a mysterious foreign language)

I think the most interesting part is, rephrasing:

There was specific preparation using artificial intelligence, because all opponents’ games were easily available. They’re played online, you can review them, all records are there. You can look through them, notice details. In the play-offs I prepared for my opponents specifically, including their style, often played variations.

I prepared looking through the previous games played on the internet.

Starting from the game with Dina Burdakova it helped me, because first 25 moves I had prepared, roughly speaking. I was almost sure Dina is going to take this path.

Because I know her style very well, and I studied her games, not only from this tournament but also from online tournament before that, in particular Chinese Ambassador Cup. A lot games were played and a lot of info could be picked up.

In the final match with Manja Marz, naturally, especially in the last game it was prepared variation, because Marz literally played the same joseki.

For several days I was coming up with a way to surprise her. Usually this doesn’t happen in tournaments. You don’t have time, and not all games are recorded, records are hard to come by.

7 Likes