People "sandbagging" free game....why?

I mean, with the tone of your comments and the near-godwin point for such a light discussion, I understand where it came from :slight_smile:

Chill a bit maybe. We can disagree but @jlt’s idea is not absurd, many here found it interesting.

I still don’t like your solution for the reasons stated. To summarize, it imposes onerous conditions on honest players. Alternatively, sandbagging in unranked games could be directly prohibited (while making an exception for teaching games). The reason it hasn’t been is that it has no effect on the ranking system, which is the overarching standard for several OGS policies.

However, this is still a trivial problem in the world of sandbagging, and a dedicated sandbagger can easily get around any restrictions. Although I have discussed these matters in some detail in the past, I have come to believe that it is inadvisable to do so in public, and so have nothing further to say on the subject.

1 Like

My opinion is completely opposite but since we don’t know what is the dominant feeling on this point, let’s agree to disagree.

A given person can do much more damage in unranked games than in ranked games since real sandbaggers can be banned. If however you estimate (from your previous moderator experience) that the total number of unranked games on OGS played by “sandbaggers” is much less than the number of ranked games played by sandbaggers (without quotation marks), then I’d agree that fixing the problem of “sandbaggers” would have a negligible effect and is not worth spending energy.

3 Likes