Petty complaints and 1st world COVID problems

Ok, petty complaint time: Why can’t those ridiculous people at social media stop telling us that because this politician or the other does not wear a mask so “it must be safe for us to not wear a mask either”.
If that politician gets ill in this country, you can bet good money that even if the hospitals were full, they would have taken the best position in the best ICU that our health system can find.
We, the simple citizens, do not have the money, the power and the connections the politicians have, so no, they are not being brazen because “it is safe”, but because they know that if something goes wrong, they’d immediately get the best healthcare possible.

Meanwhile, random people in social media that complain about suffering economic damage from CoViD-19 and that they do not have enough money to pay the rent, also think that they are such hotshots that they would receive the same healthcare as a government minister would. :roll_eyes:

Well, not in that magnitude and most cases do not affect others so much.
For example if you fail at your job it is a bad situation, but not the end of the world and noone other than yourself gets any repercussions.
But if you are married and you eventually realise that you cannot handle it and you had children, then quite a lot of people are going to suffer for the haste/shortsightedness of the decisions that you made.
So, it really isn’t the same thing as “almost anything in life”.

One could easily argue that this is indeed something that is “outdated” … in modern society both genders think that about each other :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth. ~ Albert Einstein

Source: https://proverbicals.com/authority

How long would authority . . . exist, if not for the willingness of the mass to become soldiers, policemen, jailers, and hangmen. ~ Emma Goldman

Source: https://proverbicals.com/authority

1 Like

Being a bit advised to stay around I decided to check what kind of weiqi set the shops where I am could propose to sell.
A bit disappointed by the scarcity i pointed a wuziqi set (5 in a row, gomoku in Japanese) and asked the seller if had something better to play weiqi.

He answered: you know in China, weiqi is no more called weiqi, it’s called wuziqi.

(True story)

3 Likes