Player Leaves Match, No Way To Contact Them

I don’t think z-index is the answer: it will look severely bad having the player name splatted over the top of the disconnect timer.

I really like the idea of replacing the av with the disconnect timer, and I think the funkiness may allow it without a tricky redesign.

However, for some strange reason, today I can’t persuade the beta server to give me a disconnect timer at all today.

Is there something I’m missing? I’ve set up a few games as usual between test accounts, and disconnected as I was doing on Friday, but no disconnect timer. I’ve reverted my code, tried direct using the served up code from beta.online-go.com etc.

If anyone could confirm or deny that there seems to be no disconnect timer there at the moment, that’d let me get back to this…

So I forced the client to pretend I’m disconnected, to see what this would look like:

I think it’s pretty reasonable.

When the mystery of “why can’t I get an actual disconnect situation on beta?” is solved I can test it properly, and maybe submit…

4 Likes

Working on beta for me:

Wah. What game settings did you use? Maybe we can coordinate to try this out together?

1 Like

Kosh helped me test it - not quite sure why I couldn’t get a disconnect timer on my own, but this change has been submitted now:

5 Likes

I really like this design a lot! It should satisfy everyone, I imagine.

2 Likes

Yeah - unfortunately it turns out it doesn’t work on a phone, so more tweaking remains. Did I mention this layout is funky? :open_mouth:

I am sorry Eugene :frowning_face:. Thank you so very much for your hard work and dedication :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. May the UI Gods make the truth apparent soon :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I submitted an update to handle mobile view as well, hopefully…

6 Likes

Thankyou for taking the time to address this…

:grin: :rofl:

But I’m confident AdamR had it right with:

I think it’s a VERY worthwhile improvement in functionality. :+1:

1 Like