Playing Go IRL pictures

https://vk.com/album-84673794_265644111
Hangul Cup, I think?

1 Like

Me and my new smartphone :crazy_face:

21 Likes

It’s a bit small though… :thinking:

6 Likes

when you decide to carry your floor-goban around because its just more comfortable to play go on the move ^^

but seriously: nice screen! :grin:

5 Likes

I finally found some people in town that are my age and pretty close to my skill level to play with. Just played a game last night and had a really good time:

I won the game, which felt good. I also noticed lots of moments where I was tempted to make bad moves, then remembered those were mistakes in the past, and made better moves that actually worked.

Both my opponent and I made a few blunders and errors that we allowed each other to re-do, which made me realize that I’ve still got a long way to go before I reach 10kyu. But overall, I was entertained the entire time, and felt like I knew what I was doing.

18 Likes

Here a picture of one of my games.

17 Likes

Looks like a comfortable win for white? Which colour were you?

2 Likes

Black. :wink:

4 Likes

Awwwww :cry::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

First Lesson

11 Likes

My first full 19x19 game on a physical board (circa Dec 2013)

This is right after removing dead stones for scoring. We both overlooked a necessary move before passing.

13 Likes
  • yebellz was Black
  • yebellz was White

0 voters

6 Likes

New toy! The board is cherry with routed lines, epoxy resin, and beveled edges, courtesy of a woodworking friend in Fresno.

19 Likes

Now we just need @yebellz to tell us who got it right. A nice spread of votes. One of them might have had a slight, unfair advantage.

8 Likes

I voted for the correct answer

10 Likes

What type of stones are those? They look really nice

2 Likes

@mgv they’re melamine single convex.

https://www.amazon.com/THY-COLLECTIBLES-Collectible-Melamine-Elegant/dp/B01IYHHEWW

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ve been meaning to try making a board, might get some stones like that to go with it

My son (2.5 y) usually makes a few moves, and then he’s like “and now we build a house, okay?”, or he puts some of the stones in the bowl’s covers and tells us they are little hedgehogs. ^ ^

10 Likes

I don’t know if it fits in this thread, but I was browsing YT after watching videos about the AlphaGo matches and found this

It’s a 13-year-old software, treat it kindly :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes