Playing Team Go

Did @bugcat officially drop out? Or just simply disappear? I hope they are alright.

We haven’t heard anything about dropping out, but also have been playing with 3 people for about a week now, despite several PM’s…

Let’s indeed hope everything is alright, I miss the activity in the Language Library already

5 Likes

I haven’t seen @unicycleOLI in a while, so Team A is a little short on players, too. Is there anyone who would like to join the team? @richyfourtytwo and @RubyMineshaft both expressed interest in participating. Are either of you still interested?

3 Likes

Perhaps we should’ve had only two teams in the first place.

1 Like

Nice variation in the two games though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still interested, but still too many games going on, sorry. (I signed up for too many multi round tournaments a year ago.)

5 Likes

Thanks for thinking of me, but I think I’ll pass for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there anyone else out there, then, who is interested in joining Team A to play team go?

2 Likes

I would try, but only if you don’t care about ranks or anything. If you do care, I am not the right person to have. My live and correspondence 19x19 ranks are my worst besides overall 19x19, and the blitz one is probably screwed up from winning games by timeout(1878 compared to 871 live, 811 correspondence, and 817 total. Now looking at it, my blitz 19x19 is my best rank.).

3 Likes

Not worried at all about rank. I think it’ll be interesting and helpful to have a 16k perspective on the games.

2 Likes

Are we going to open our discussion places to opponents after the game?

3 Likes

If you aren’t concerned, I would like to join. I know I might not be able to join this round, but at least count me in for next round. I’ll come whenever you want to have me…(unless it is in 100 years :stuck_out_tongue:)

3 Likes

I think a post-game discussion would be interesting and instructive.

4 Likes

I think it’s for this round, GOkyle’s team has another member who went missing in action.

1 Like

For various reasons I have not been able to keep up with the games on the yebellz team.

I invite anyone interested to take my place.

1 Like

If someone substitutes, it should be a person of comparable strength (13k), not for example a strong SDK.or dan.

2 Likes

How do you like the games so far? I think they look lovely. Would be cool if we got a strong player to review it, maybe even like order paid review. What do you think?

5 Likes

I’m enjoying the process, but I’m really looking forward to reading the play-by-play of all the teams afterwards. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think all of us on Team C are enjoying it. It seems to be evenly competitive and challenging. The original time control, in effect for our game with Team B, is awkward., as it is impossible to catch up except during the weekend pause. This has taught me that either the increment should be larger than the rate of the maximum time, or the maximum time rate should be larger than the increment. For example, it should be 5 day + 1.5 days, or 7 days + 1 day. I think there are enough dan players around who would be willing to review them gratis.

7 Likes

I feel like I’m learning and I’ve never played a game with such extensive discussion and with records of the discussion too so hopefully even better for learning again afterwards with a review! All in all its great. I only wish I could devote a little more time to it.

8 Likes