Playing Team Go

I agree that 1 day Fisher has become slightly awkward, and that the other game with 1.5 day brings me less timing stress.

I like that every move is deliberated. Normally I play half of my moves on autopilot, which means that I frequently kill myself in entirely preventable situations. But who knows, perhaps that’ll still happen even with deliberate moves.

6 Likes

Time is a hard question. Because I don’t want to spend a year on a game either.

That’s why I thought maybe a live format would be better. Or play in pairs where two people from similar time zones can meet once a day and decide the move.

5 Likes

Ideally we should come up with whole sequences and then quickly play them out. But that’s not how it works at all in practice. Even with one-vs-one games you want to double check at every move. That’s why conditional moves are so rare.

And in these team games I remember we only used conditionals only once I think.

4 Likes

We’ve used conditional moves either 2 or 3 times in a wall situation against Team A, but you are right, they are generally rare in these games.

1 Like

:angry:

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t notice the clock on this one

Oh, no. I’ve done it again. I’m really sorry about that. Would people like to fork, yet again, and continue?

5 Likes

When is the next round starting?i want to play

No next round is planned.

Sure, just send me a challenge

1 Like

Game continuation started

2 Likes

I saw some posts some time ago, but I’m not sure if team A and B actually changed their roaster. :flushed:

1 Like

Our team is the same (minus dej) but I’m not sure which team we are. We should’ve chosen more human names for the teams.

I remember that in childhood in summer camp games, teams often had to come up with a name first.

What I like is that at this pace of play the position changes very slowly. You look at the more or less the same situation for many days straight. And you go deeper and deeper into it, studying intricate relationships between stones.

4 Likes

Our team (Team A) is shinuito, cromone, Haze_with_a_Z, and myself.

1 Like

You are Team B, and we are Team C (Vsotvep, Samraku, Gia, and me). Interesting that every team has had a change of personnel (lost or switched).

@Vsotvep, I just paused the “B vs C” game since you only had 45 minutes left and did not seem to be online.

1 Like

:thinking:

7 Likes

:joy:

Btw, my game is about at move 180 and started just one year ago (more or less)

1 Like

Yeah, I was waiting for a reaction from my team, but it seems I’ll have to decide on my own now

2 Likes

Oh, and we paused the game so not to worry about timesettings.