Please excuse our mess

This morning our glorious leaders were experimenting with our new infrastructure’s load leveling features in an attempt to bring you a better OGS experience. In a rare miss, all of our IPs were accidentally routed to a handful of internal IPs. A previously (legitimately) banned user attempted to log in and it made all of our IPs look like we had been banned.

The issue has been resolved. If you are still having issues, close out the tab entirely and navigate to https://online-go.com

We apologize for any inconvenience.

9 Likes

I’d like to thank the devs and admins for the quick intervention, resolution, and for having been so kind to the users (after the inconvenience I wrote an email and got response in less than 5 mins, despite the work-in-progress to solve the bug, and I suppose that mine was not the only email they received…).

And thanks also for this post, since it was not necessary (I mean, how many times do you read such a detailed explanation, elsewhere?).

So once again, thanks OGS for being the best go server in the world (during incidents and downtime too! :smiley: ).

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.