Pocket Shiritori

Maybe we should start with having them in order and then add the 4th later if it still feels too easy.

2 Likes

already english
[(a) l r y]

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll give ordered-three a go. Ordered-four might be too hard.

Also, heads-up to Haze, English was already had two posts ago – see Rule 4 (but it’s fine).

liryk (lyric, lyricist, lyrist) – Polish [r y k]

Interesting that Polish switched the French y-i order (lyrique) around, which was the ancestral form coming from Latin lyricus. It originally meant “of / about a lyre (lyra)”.

1 Like

oh sorry. I just payed attention that you had to respond to the one right before it and use certain letters.

Ordered-four might be completely impossible for most letter combinations for some languages such as Chinese or Japanese. Japanese might be a bit better because the words can be pretty long, but for Chinese you’d probably have to be creative and include chengyu.

I think I’ll hold off on my language cycling for now (this round was supposed to be English for me). I’d like to see how ordered three goes first.

rasporyadok / распорядок (routine, Russian) [y k k]

1 Like

yakiniku / やきにく / 焼肉 (barbecue) – [k k u]

kǎnkěbùpíng / 坎坷不平 (potholed and bumpy (of a road)/ full of disappointments, Chinese) [k u g]

1 Like

skulking, English – [u g g]

Now I’m waiting for ugg (philosophy, literature, the higher arts) – Middle Paleolithic

1 Like

uitgang (exit, Dutch) [g, g, g]

1 Like

gaoliangjiang / 高良薑 (galangal, a spicy root), Chinese – [g g g]

your move ^^

1 Like

gagged, English [g g d]

1 Like

This is a good one! Very easy in English, very hard in any other language…

1 Like

gagad (imitation), Tagalog – [g, d, d]

2 Likes

Ded thred?

gefleddert (Participle of fleddern as in Leichenfledderei. No easy translation.) German [d d t].

1 Like

dowdiest, English [d, t, t]

1 Like