Poll: How do you improve?

thx mark! i wanted to say just that ^^.
a very important part of my go experience is talking go with others and teaching newcomers/weaker players what little i know :smiley:.

in the second poll i chose “i frequent a go club” and was surprised to see i am the only one so far… well, playing at a club is probably not the most efficient way to progress. theres no methodology, sometimes even no seriousness.
on the other hand, for one, i am in the lucky position of having much stronger players in my club, who always have something to teach. secondly my motivation to actually study is what limits my progress most (im not lazy or anything -.-, but its supposed to be fun right?). playing irl, going to tournaments together, having tangible goals makes me do other stuff to improve i probably wouldnt do otherwise. thats why i feel that after everything is considered joining a club has done most towards improving my game.
if asked what specific things improved my play most in the past, id say #1 reading my first book #2 start playing correspondence games #3 receiving teaching games (those are also chronological).

PS: @Kaworu_Nagisa
im curious, who is the stronger player you play teaching games with. should be reasonably hard to find much stronger players at your level!

6 Likes