POLL: the most important questions

Ok, you’ll be in charge of anything but the food and beverages at the party.

5 Likes

You can ask for it «em chávena fria» here if you’re in a hurry. But the default is as you say and it’s what probably >95% of people drink, even in places where they offer 15 different options.

1 Like
  • Beatles
  • Rolling Stones
  • no, wait a minute, it was
  • Duran duran
  • Spandau ballet
  • or maybe
  • Blur
  • Oasis

0 voters

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

That’s not fair, I can’t compare The Beatles with Blur…

But anybody who prefers Rolling Stones and Oasis is clearly a very boring person.

2 Likes

Queen. <3 <3

4 Likes

For me, coffee for work, tea for go! But not a hard rule.

1 Like

I like taking OPTION 1, and adding water until it starts to resemble OPTION 2.

I believe you call it an Americano >.<

2 Likes

Yes, indeed. The Americano is the preferred from the most strangers even if the Espresso is becoming more and more popular abroad (of Italy I mean) thanks to a popular brand who created a new small coffee machine that allow anyone to make a true Italian coffee as if you were at the bar.

Also for me tea is becoming preferred in recent years. Especially - if not exclusively - green tea imported from China and Japan. It is more expensive (even 3-4 times the price or even more respect to the local green tea), but you cannot compare the two. Drinking tea and playing go combined is something that can substitute Buddhist meditation… :thinking:.

2 Likes

I feel like the title of this thread could be interpreted in two different ways:

1. Here is a poll asking the most important questions, OR
  2. Here is a poll asking what are the most important questions.

So, let’s have a poll aimed at the latter …

What are your favorite polls?

Select up to 8

6 Likes

There is only one correct answer!

We definitely need more “Was @yebellz White or Black” polls. Other questions don’t matter anymore.

3 Likes

I definitely enjoy fun polls, but polls about polls?! :exploding_head:

Why wasn’t this an option? I suppose it’s hard to link to a post that doesn’t exist yet, but that is the clear winner if you ask me.

4 Likes

Indeed, we could even have polls about polls about polls, and so on. It’s polls all the way up.

I’m disappointed with myself for overlooking the possibility of self-reference in my previous poll.

To amend that, let’s have a poll about polls about polls.

What is your favorite meta-poll?

If one does not like self-reference, one might even suggest a poll about all polls that do not poll themselves, but maybe that’s a bit trickier than it seems.

5 Likes

The one true question is

Should we have polls on OGS forums?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

A good remark and good description of the two options. The short answer is that it depends on the time of day and how I feel. Option #1 is for when I feel awake and open to the beauty of the world. Option #2 is for the other 90% of the time.

Go tournaments are definitely on the side of Option #2. An espresso is not enough liquid and drug to get me through two or three games and I’ll be broke if I have to order one every half hour.

2 Likes

Glad you realised that yourself! OTOH you are probably aware that any poll that is powerful enough to pique anyone’s interest is necessarily incomplete. In that sense you simply have no chance to get it right.

4 Likes

Maybe we could consider constructing a poll made up of choosing exactly one option each from all of the other polls. However, perhaps some might find the idea controversial.

1 Like

I wonder if we can have a self-nesting poll?

3 Likes

If we had a poll about the best of all polls which do not include reference to itself on its options, would that poll include itself?

• Yeah
  • Nope
  • Huh?

0 voters

:thinking:

3 Likes