Polls (needed three more characters so I added this)

I’m in the deep embrace of the Mediterranean.

2 Likes
  1. Is go chess a thing?
  2. Is this favorite to watch or play?
  3. If it is just stuff you like or something, can I just choose “other” because not every sport I like is in that list, or should I choose the ones on the list and off the list?
3 Likes

Marble racing, obviously.

7 Likes

Other please comment then.
Racing against marbles?How do you do that ?Edit:playing with marbles you do need to run a bit so yeah.

Go chess is basically go except it is kind of still a chess so I added chess in the end.Watch or play is both fine.Lastly, I don’t think you can get 20+ choices so I only did twenty.

1 Like

Other: Karate.

And I voted for “I hate sports”, because… well, I sometimes can enjoy doing sports, but most of the time I’m really lazy and don’t like to move much. And I will never understand this whole fandom thing around popular sports.

5 Likes

Roller derby!

3 Likes

For rating I miss the not rated answer

1 Like

This poll needs a “this depends” option, so if I didn’t vote “yes”, this doesn’t mean I voted “no”.

6 Likes

I hate sports, because I hate competition.

But I do like Go, hiking, rock climbing & “e-sports” as activities without the sports element.

2 Likes

My other vote was for Australian Rules Football.

1 Like

Is the game of Go not a form of competition?

I think another subjective question is whether Go (and other mind games) is a sport.

Is Go a sport?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Here in China you find go sets in the sport shops (among the badminton and the Ping pong stuff) so my answer

4 Likes

It does not, that is by design. You will have noticed that they are all false dichotomies, even though they might superficially appear as unassuming questions. It is quite the opposite, actually, they all assume that you take a position (you felt the need to clarify that not voting does not mean “no”, and that was the idea). This framing where not voting supposedly means that you disagree, is something were often faced with in real life.

Truth to be told, I believe all those questions depend on what exactly you are asking. There’s no one good answer for any.

3 Likes

On Vagabond side, the second part of the word weiqi “qi” means chess ( which includes all kind of different chess) so yes