Pop-over Announcements and Convo. Boxes

It’s been over a year since I was last on these forums, moaning about this. I admit that I am moaning but I really do still feel that these must be fixed.

I am still seeing pop-over announcements (“9x9 correspondence tournament starting in…”) and no way to disable or opt-out of them. They are still blocking important parts of the U.I. and, on mobile at least, are nearly impossible to dismiss.

Additionally, I have noticed that conversation boxes are also pop-overs and they sit on top of the chat entry text-box, making the latter useless unless you close (minimise is not enough) the convo.

Please, please, please, please, please can we have a fix for this! It’s been years!

3 Likes

Do the Notification Preferences settings have any impact on this activity?

1 Like

Not as far as I can see. The floating announcements aren’t really notifications and aren’t a problem on desktop - where they only obscure the player images. On Mobile, they obscure the first lines of the board.

Edit: Here’s a screenshot of the convo. box problem:

1 Like

I second this. Even if you can opt out, it just shouldn’t be an issue. Fundamental UI shouldn’t be overlapped by what to most users will be spam that they’d never miss if it was gone should just be a base rule. Maybe it could be replaced with ONE announcement that said how many announcements there were, and when moused over it expands the announcements? Something like that. Anything but the way it is.

1 Like

Please fix this.

3 Likes

I’ll second this. Often times, I am trying to reload the page enough times so I can click the chat button fast enough, and every time the page refreshes or reloads, the chat boxes I moved go back to where they were, and as I often have a bunch open, it can be annoying to keep moving them.

Never seen the announcements thing though.

3 Likes