Possible Bug Report: OGS forgets stuff about my settings

In the last few days, I’ve been experiencing weird behaviours.

Yesterday, when I opened OGS in my browser, I was logged out (I hadn’t logged out though, I never do) but the site was displayed with the theme settings I chose. I think it also happened to me before, maybe a few weeks or months ago.

Today, OGS seems to refuse to keep some of the settings I choose. Pretty much every time I close it and reopen it, either the stone color or the board color are different. The colors seem to be saved in the settings, I just need to click on them to reactivate them.

Well, perhaps showing it is easier than explaining it.

Just now, I closed and reopened OGS and it looks like this.

I just need to click on the “Custom” button and

This is the theme I chose. So OGS remembers my colors of choice, but “refuses” to actually remember to use them :laughing:

Well, it’s not too bad, but there’s the bug report, in case it’s a bug and not just something on my side.

(it was suggested to me that it might have something to do with automatic cookie deletion, but as far as I can tell it doesn’t)

Anyone else experiencing something similar? (Is it a known bug? If so, sorry)

Did you happen to clear cookies or change browsers recently? Some of the settings are saved locally in the browser.

1 Like

But it forgets the settings every time I close and re-open OGS. Trying to understand what was happening, I’ve seen it happen at least 7 times today, and as far as I know my browser and my cookies stayed untouched in that period.

And unless OGS saves these settings in separate cookies, I can’t understand why it would selectively forget one specific setting, though not always the same, and remember everything else.

2 Likes

Well i am no expert but that seems to be a problem coming on your own configuration as no other user meet it.
Maybe you have a auto delete cookies switch on? I dunno, i’ll try to double check all these.

Update: this phenomenon seems to have stopped – as far as I know, nothing has changed on my end. My browser says the last time it was updated was several weeks ago.

Uh, ghosts? :person_shrugging: