Private Lessons for Coders!

Could we maybe get some work on the front end stuff at least?

Also, I added the last move circle color to make one color Go more playable.

1 Like

I doubt any of the in-game things are going to happen (anytime soon). To “know” someone just started a ko, for instance, you’d have to let some kind of algorithm check at every step if such a thing has occurred. That doesn’t look feasible to me. Even if the algorithm actually worked reliably (you’d have to access the game everytime a move is played, check for everything it’s supposed to detect…), it would be quite the burden on the server.

1 Like

I thought the little circle graphic that shows the last move was front end?

I mean things like ko, atari, seki, everything that requires anything outside readily accessible data (for example # wins, #losses, # 9x9 games, whatever, would be easy to access and use).

That’s what I meant by ‘ingame’ stuff.

On my list of stuff to do: fix the profile graphs. It bugs me that they’re buggy, and interactive graphics is more or less what I do for work. I’ve been meaning to get around to fixing them for a while…

Bugs with the profile graphs
-The colored bars don’t align properly. Some are the wrong size. Often don’t match pie chart showing the same data.
-Rating history line chart shows duplicate ratings for some days, often skips the current day.
-The line chart often renders in the wrong place/wrong size.

Enhancements I’d like to make
-Remove day 0 from the history line chart
-Highlight the selected point on the line graph (on hover), add a vertical cross hair
-Highlight the selected blocks for month stats on hover, as well.

5 Likes

Always important to fix those 0-days. :smirk:

4 Likes

I don’t know about new young players. I’m an old grumpy player and really dislike achievements and currencies and all sort of blinking glittering cake icing.

I think I could live with it, if I was really convinced that it’s useful to bring and keep new players… but actually I don’t think so: you can’t take care of a karesansui while listening Spice Girls. :scream:

I’m pretty sure though that many established players would love to customize the UI with themes (colors, background, font, stones, goban and so on).

I also had a laugh with WBaduk ducks (seen on Dwyrin youtube channel) and their way to cry or rejoice according to what score estimator says. Not so serious though. :smile:
But it could be a funny option, if available. It would marry well with customized avatars: one could choose to upload a set of three images (happy, sad, normal) instead of one.

4 Likes

@ckersch88 I’d love to see some of those changes! Would it also be possible to set filters? Though probably not since that may be backend. But it depends on if you can access the data or not I guess.

I would love to see how I do against +/- 1 level or against my own level specifically. But this is me daydreaming again hehe

This can be done via API.
I checked my own records and made some chart:

2 Likes

Please please please go for it. The code in there is absolutely fierce (at least for someone who hasn’t used D3 before), I tried to improve the bar charts while I was doing the pie chart, but only got “so far”.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.