Profanity Filter - Add "None" Option

Just a suggestion. In the Settings, under Profanity Filter, it would be nice if I could disable this option. I realize that as an English speaker I could select a non-English language to get around English words being filtered, but this feature seems incomplete without a None option. Just my two cents :wink:

3 Likes

you can by ctrl+clicking the language that itā€™s set to, but yeah not obvious

5 Likes

use ctrl+click

but, yes, its ctrlintuitive

6 Likes

Can you also Ctrl click to select multiple? I would test, but canā€™t right now since Iā€™m on mobile.

1 Like

I always set it to Romanian :stuck_out_tongue: Funny to see a proper solution existed all this time.

1 Like

On mobile Iā€™m able to select multiple options, but I never checked if it works as expected.

2 Likes

That is great news. Thank you mekriff_telpelote :blush:

@Devs: Adding a little question mark next to the words Profanity Filter that I can mouseover and get this little bit of information would go a long way.

2 Likes

Well, a lot of people here seem to speak many languages, I guess weā€™ll all have to hurl profanities at you to test?

4 Likes

Can we also add ā€œNunā€?

Itā€™s just the same as the regular filter, but even stricter.

4 Likes

Itā€™s more like extracting some word lists from the siteā€™s code and posting them on the beta servers chat.

In my opinion, the quality of the chat filter lists isnā€™t worth the time testing this, so I wonā€™t invest time to such tests.

I do believe that is the default English settingā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.