Provisional rank players entering rank-limited games

Could you please forbid people who have no rank yet, to enter games that have rank limitation? They keep joining my hosted ranked games, although they are much stronger players. And they mess up my rank. There is a reason why I limit the player rank I want for my games, and those people with “provisional rank” can jump in anywhere.

1 Like

afaik wins/losses against provisional ranked players influence your rank only minimaly, if at all.

Is that a common problem? Unless I am mistaken I see one game against a provisional player in your last 50 matches… Provisional players are more often than not beginners and they need to be able to get in some games, so I am not sure restricting them so much would not cause major issues for new players :slight_smile:

And indeed the rank impact should be pretty fair. Even for non-provisional players the system recalculates past matches based on how the rank of the player changes, so if your opponent turns out to be stronger than what was thought during the actual game you can get some points back in retrospect. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you think the provisional player is a sandbagger, then report them, and the moderators will investigate.

Provisional players are too a problem for me when I creat e a game.
Would it be difficult to have an option in “create a game” that do not allow provisionals players to join ?
I think that would be veray usefull.
Because, beside I write “no ?” in my comments, Too much provisionals players join my created games.
and often, they cancelled the game after have accepted it !!!
Call the police please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would this have been useful for you at your beginning on OGS?

Anyway there is a great amount of debates and possible improvements on the way new players may enter the rating system, so stay tuned! (And use the search here up for more.)

Canceling is not illegal.

1 Like

A player who accepts a challenge created by someone else is expected to play. If they cancel, then they can be reported. This is a bulwark against cancellation trolls.

2 Likes