PSA Automatch blitz/live games no longer have analysis enabled & automatch sizes now default to all sizes

Hello all,

FYI analysis mode is no longer enabled for automatched blitz and live games, it is however enabled for automatched correspondence games. Custom games can still use whatever settings desired.

Additionally, the default automatch board sizes have been set to use any board size, to change that toggle the buttons here:

34 Likes

Estimate score should still be enabled.
There will be a lot of players who don’t resign even when 100 points behind, because they never will be sure without estimator. A lot of time will be wasted.
I unable to estimate myself even after months of training

2 Likes

Thanks for the great addition of a long requested option from the live playing community :heart:

7 Likes

is there any way to turn it back on or is it permanitly disabled. it was so helpful for learning

1 Like

You can still create custom games with analysis on.

4 Likes

The label on the custom game dialog is still “Disable analysis” with default unchecked. As discussed on the linked thread, this would be better as “Enable analysis”, default unchecked for live and checked for correspondence. That better sets expectations of normal go culture, and gives a more intuitive user experience in which the defaults of the custom game option correspond with the defaults you get in automatch. Plus checkboxes phrased to enable rather than disable behaviour is generally better UI design.

18 Likes

Yeah the custom dialog is going to be revamped soon ™ and do just that. I tried to do a quick fix for that but it was not a quick fix. But yes, that will happen too.

15 Likes

If 2 weeks = 2 months, how long is a soon ™ ? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm, looks like the units in that measurement are specified as “variable”, interesting…

8 Likes

5 Likes

In OGS, possibly an eternity. Like this tournament: Power Stone 2021 (online-go.com)

“Tournament starts very shortly.”

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.