Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Wow, that’s a surprisingly fair result! I wish I could have voted…

4 Likes

Also Smarties for stones. All colors.

4 Likes

Of course! for multiplayer go! Of course, we have to use area scoring so prisoners can be eaten, right?

3 Likes

I’m voting Quenya, only because of the way it looks.

4 Likes

I never understood where programming languages stand in this.

(also, low-key hate people who answer “I speak English, Spanish and C++” on… Well, on apps.)

4 Likes

I’d say that it’s comparing apples and oranges. It’s just a quirk of the English language that we call them both languages. Sure, you could argue they both fit the definition, but I think they’re also clearly two completely different things in their own right.

3 Likes

Should I go to bed?

• Yes

0 voters

6 Likes

It seeped into other languages, we use the same word in Greek.

2 Likes

I might have to vote for the Black Speech, speaking of Tolkein.

2 Likes

Should @Vsotvep go to bed and leave this wacky discussion?

• No.

0 voters

7 Likes

How do I get to stop procrastinating and work from home for real? (starting Monday)

5 Likes

I wish I knew…

4 Likes

Have you tried time pools? decide how much time you want to spend on each task for the day, and set separate timers for each. Keep the relevant timer running whenever you’re working on that task. Remember to set a timer for doing whatever you wish (even if it’s short) and an overflow timer if something runs a bit long. If you finish a task early, use the remaining time on it’s timer for the next most urgent task.

Credit to Jesse Bollinger for the concept: more details in his books.

3 Likes

Set yourself time limits.

50 min of work, 10 min rest. Work from 9am to 4pm. Take your hour for lunch.

Try and work in one room that you don’t use too often, so that you don’t start thinking of your living room or bedroom as the “workplace”.

Also, get out of the house when you can. I know it’s hard during a lockdown, but if you can go for a walk or walk to the grocery store, do so daily.

9 Likes

dangerous

3 Likes

She tried to purge me, Morty! You let your wiener do the walking, and now I’m dead.

2 Likes

It’s hardly dangerous to go for a walk.

2 Likes

if you have full medical suit

1 Like

Nice fear-mongering.

2 Likes

@Samraku, @Kaworu_Nagisa
I thought my rank was a dead giveaway about my character regarding words like “do” and “efficiently”. Also “willpower”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously tho, if I’d get myself to set the timer or the schedule, I’d get myself to do the thing. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes