Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Late reading this, but I’m glad I did! Made my day.

Is this the invisible barrier between fluent and native?.. :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Sorry, could be. Or maybe just my twisted mind and sense of humour. And I can’t even explain on a family site like this.

3 Likes

I also don’t get it. So, yes, I guess.

1 Like

I don’t get the English, but I’m native in twisted. :wink: But I also don’t want to get banned. I would refer you to actions that led to a 1-year preregistration, as per another thread.

1 Like

Perhaps it’s a British thing?

Ok so I read “bumped the button” euphemistically but really it was “accidentally” in that context that cracked me up.

2 Likes

I consider myself a native American-English speaker, but the innuendo completely went over my head, until alluded to in the follow-up.

I definitely did not intend any innuendo with my earlier post, and just meant that a stray touch with a digital device could have caused the unexpected change.

By the way, in the Boston-area, we have a window treatment company named InnuWindow.

Also, for the laptop mouse device placed in the middle of the keyboard, the appropriate generic name is “TrackPoint Style Pointing Device”.

4 Likes

Does anyone play the guitar, and have a home set up? I want to get into the electric guitar now that I have a lot of free time on my hands, and one friend suggested a good setup but I also have a budget so I’d like some second opinions.

2 Likes

It really depends on what kind of music you want to play with it, but for a cheap combo for starters, I’d go for a Fender Squier with a Roland Cube amp.

If you have the option, visit a music store and try a few out (or have someone who can play it try them out), it’s certainly worth it.

1 Like

I used to just put a triple ko in my games against other kids (in rl) because we all think it is fun when the games has one.

1 Like

Well I hope we have the same idea about what is a triple ko.
To have 3 kos at the same time on a board is far to be enough to qualify.
Even if I Just try to create a real triple ko by myself in a demo, Its nothing easy. So if I consider getting one in a normal game…

3 Likes

It got crazy in a game when I was like thirty k playing against my mother when she was thirty k we did not know about the k.o. rule and the game got crazy.Have anyone of you got two ko that worth’s more than five points in a game before(either in rl or online)?

3 Likes

Question: Is @JosekiDictionary a real person or a robot like @system and @discobot

Thanks in advance (I got a like by discobot)

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

JosekiDictionary is a custom bot that mirrors comments in the Joseki Dictionary (built into the main OGS site) into forums posts.

3 Likes

Also: How do you “invite a user”
Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 2.05.57 PM
Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 2.06.05 PM
Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 2.06.11 PM

I don’t think that feature is enabled in this forum. I don’t think you can reply to a post by email either.

3 Likes

I remember a mirror game where we launched two ladders into eachother, each one involving a ko. I guess none of us could really predict what will happen.

2 Likes

In this forum, is there a way to put something like “last visit” line manually, when I read topics backwards in time? I’m interested in reading past “OGS Development” topics.

1 Like