Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

You could sort by category. For example, if you wanna read forum games, sort the category by forum games and you can read all of those topics. You can also search stuff to tey and find that.

1 Like

@Haze_with_a_Z

Since there are close to 1400 topics in the category I’m interested, I’d like to look at a dozen at a time. It would be nice to keep track of how far back I read.

I guess another thing that could work(well maybe) is if you changed your settings so that it auto puts the topics in that category to watching/tracking. The topics you haven’t read will still have the number and the topics you have read won’t(unless there is a bug)

3 Likes

Does anyone know how I can easily type emoji on my laptop? The :wink: kind, not the ; - ) kind.
A couple of chrome extensions installed a bunch of unwanted things and start+. takes forever to load.
My game chats and forum contributions seem so flat when I don’t reply from my phone. Plz help. :-/

I know for a fact that one of my cousins can type emojis faster than me on a chrome book faster than I can on my I-pad don’t know how though.Actually there is a emoji button on the forums

1 Like

Not the game chat tho.

There’s an emoji browser built into the Discourse post editor. Click on the smiley face (3 from the right in the toolbar). Also, if you type a colon :, it will bring up quick emoji suggestions.

For other text fields (like game chat), one slightly cumbersome work-around is to copy-paste from a source like emojipedia.

1 Like

I know about the forums, I was just trying to make my point. :slightly_frowning_face:

I’ve tried it, it needs more time than the start+., unless I keep the tab open I guess.

:thinking:.

2 Likes

Contol-command-space should do it on a mac

3 Likes

How can people be so effortlessly photogenic?

4 Likes

I think it has to do with age, anyone becomes photogenic when old enough.

2 Likes

I can be a bit jealous though, can’t I?

3 Likes

What’s the life & death of these groups? I have a feeling they’re ko, eg. White A2 C1 B1 A1

2 Likes

Why is this a question that doesn’t deserve its own thread, tho?

1 Like

Why some printers print first-to-last (cursed things) and some last-to-first (as god intended)? And why you can only find out after printing?

What are the chances that I’m printing a 200-page document and I don’t want it printed in the order that I’ll read it?

2 Likes

Cancel the print after the first page, and check / uncheck the “reverse page order” option in the print settings, that should fix it :slight_smile:

Then write “THIS PRINTER IS EVIL” on a post-it and put it on your printer, so you’ll remember next time.

9 Likes

I know the fix, but it’s a new home printer, I hadn’t had to think about it for 10+ years, office printers were set properly for some reason, so I didn’t even consider it. And it’s a brand I’ve used before, so it’s not even a brand thing. So I’m stuck flipping pages (and flippin’ my printer from time to time).

Why is it even a thing, who had that brilliant idea. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

I don’t want to shame my printer, it’s not its fault. It will learn new ways at its new home (also it will see things, better keep it on my side).

5 Likes

How do you follow a game?

1 Like

It takes a lot of patience to follow a game, since they’re startled quite easily. Usually the first step is to actually find a game. You can wander around searching for one, or you can choose a location that is known to be frequented by games and lie in wait until a game sabaki’s in your chosen location…

The next step requires quite a bit of skill: it is very important that you don’t lose the game out of sight, but that you yourself stay well hidden. The initial moments are most crucial, since the game will undoubtedly tenuki if it catches you watching this early; you might lose it forever. To help with staying hidden, consider the wind direction and wear black / white camouflage.

After the game has settled down in midgame, you could try carefully approaching. Try a 2-space jump first, or a keima. I wouldn’t recommend attachments. Once the game has acclimatised and is used to your presence, you will probably see the first signs of a bond of trust, in the form of small (monkey) jumps, and the game might peep a bit.

Finally, as with all things in nature, the game will usually end up dying. In its last stages it might try to connect with you. It’s important that you block any attempt at connecting at this point, and that you poke the game in its eyes. This is the most humane way to kill, and it will prevent the game from needlessly suffering in its passing. This is also a good moment to say “GG” to it.

After the game has passed, make sure you wash the stones and wipe the board. After that, you’re good to go and follow your next game.

19 Likes

Finally some serious writing on that subject. I agree with most of the answer, although we could be a bit more specific according to the specie of each game.

2 Likes