Random Gaps + Pie Rule

H5.
Still not used to the grey holes.
Think it would be less confusing if the colour would be something else than grey, maybe this one :slight_smile:

Photo of a black hole.

2 Likes

So should it be red? Black like a black hole would be easily mistaken for a black stone.

Back in the game, I play H4:

H7 is my answer.

J5:

Defending at G7.

Ok, I’ll try C5:

I just realised that there is another rules question that I should probably clarify. At the end of the game, before counting, players need not close off their territories from removed intersections. For example you can claim the territory around D8 without playing at D7, and in particular, D7 will count as a point for you.

However, the removed intersections inside territories don’t count as points, so I won’t get a point for J2.

I hope that makes sense. Everything is consistent with the normal rules of go, except that some intersections are removed.

1 Like

Let’s cross that bridge when we get there.

B6.

B5

Tengen looks like a good move.

I agree and defend at E4:

I play F5.

Seems like we’re in endgame. I play C6.

Yep.
Closing the borders: A6.

A5:

Okay, let’s defend.
B7.

Y’all could use @Vsotvep’s multiplayer go board tool (which we used for Diplomatic Go) for rendering this board. The neutral stones (removed intersections) could be denoted with stones of a third color.

For example: https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?st=adbaeabcbbdbbeaccbcdaceaddcdfaecbeebefafebffagcbgdbgeahcbhdahfaieaihc&bs=9

which renders:

Another way to render the board with missing intersections (requiring some MS Paint modification):

6 Likes

Ooo, this second rendering with the intersections missing is much clearer for me!

5 Likes

Okay, let’s defend.
B7.

Yep, totally agree.

2 Likes