Rank display disabled and profile page

Hi,

I disabled rank informations some months ago and I am very happy about that.
If I want to check once I can do it from profile page (mine or opponent’s one). It’s nice.

But I miss something. :grin:
I am no longer able to see which games I lost or won in my history because colors for that are disabled too.

Could it be possible to replace colourful “win/loss against stronger/weaker” information in games history with the plain “win/loss” information?
Could it be triggered by the same control in settings?

10 Likes

I was thinking this exact same thing earlier on today. Hopefully it’s something easy to implement.

2 Likes

@Eugene, you’re the boss of colouring games, if I recall it correctly. :grin:
Do you think this would be hard to implement?

2 Likes

I reckon you need to invoke @RubyMineshaft as the boss of colours :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Eugene does the top half, RM does the bottom half :wink:

4 Likes

I finally got around to fixing this. The past 2 months have been really busy, sorry for the wait.

I’ve submitted the PR, so hopefully you’ll start seeing in color again soon™.
:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

HI, I was the one who requested that colors be removed when rating is set to hidden. I thought it went against the spirit of hiding ratings if every time you look at your game history it shows you whether the opponent was weaker or stronger relative to you. You can see my issue here: https://github.com/online-go/online-go.com/issues/1092

I personally really hope the colors don’t get re-instated. Even without them, it’s easy to see the result of the game by looking at who won by points or resignation.

2 Likes

The colors added back don’t reveal the strength of your opponent, only whether the game was won or lost.

5 Likes

Yep, just realised this when I went to look at the pull request! I suck at reading comprehension.
Good job! I’m all for it then.

3 Likes

Welcome back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish I could click “like” more times :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can’t mods get unlimited likes?

Nope, they just worth more.

2 Likes

he meant he wants to like an individual post more than once :wink:

Pretty sure your likes are worth the most, due to exclusivity :wink:

1 Like

I’m sure that is in a mod’s power too.

We can’t overpower discourse coding :rofl:

2 Likes

I can give multiple likes, don’t you?
Surprising.

Summary

:heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :brown_heart:

2 Likes

I thought mods could do that too.

And… it’s there!!! :smiley:

I didn’t notice before, but it’s beautiful!
Thanks a lot to @RubyMineshaft and everyone else involved.

4 Likes

Rank can be disabled as follows (see bottom line):

1 Like