Rankings for small live groups

Hi guys,

I’ve recently started playing, and in order to selfishly get some live people to play against, I’ve started a Chess & Go Group at my office. We’re having our first organizational meeting on Wednesday and probably getting started with playing the week after.

My question is, how would one determine Rankings for players in this situation? Or is it even worth it in your experience? I feel like it would be nice for them to have a sense of achievement as they’re getting started, but I’m not sure how to measure or calculate it.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

1 Like

I’d say forget about ranks until they’re hooked … you should soon find out an internal rank list, and from there on you can guesstimate if one or two of you have ranks on some servers or IRL.

1 Like

Yeah def wouldn’t be for a few weeks at least. I’m just trying to be prepared. I put in Chess to get them in the door and that worked. Hopefully enough will find Go interesting as well to get a quorum rolling.

2 Likes

inb4 chessandgo shows up wondering why people aren’t playing his game of choice. :smile:

(chessandgo is an active arimaa player who, at the time he made his arimaa.com account, was partial to the games of chess and go)

2 Likes