Rating not updated after a game?

After playing this ladder game http://online-go.com/game/848368, my rating didn’t get updated, although neither me nor my opponent were in provisional mode. What’s going on? Thanks for the answer in advance.

Hmm… that sure looks like that should have happened, i’ll be digging into it :frowning:

Hi @Mourner

This game does in fact appear in your opponent’s rating history but the reason it doesn’t for you is because the game you finished previous to this one was a timeout on a ladder game:

On OGS if you timeout in a correspondence game like this we will dock your rating and put your account into a timeout provisional status. While in timeout provisional you will no longer lose rating points for timing out games and we require that you finish a correspondence game lasting more than 24 hours. The next correspondence game you finish you will not gain rating points for but you will clear your timeout provisional status… games beyond that will count as normal this is what happened to you.

In the future you’ll just want to make sure you don’t timeout in correspondence games (consider using vacation mode instead).

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Bummer :frowning: I could have just resigned instead of struggling to win there without any rating difference.