Remaining time when it is weekend

Currently, I can’t see remaining time if a game is paused for some reason like vacation or weekend.
It causing some problems for me.
Sometimes I timeout the game because of the weekend.
I don’t see how many time I have.
Especially it is a problem when it’s not my turn and my opponent makes his move on the weekend.
And on Monday morning I can see that it is already time-outed.

I suggest showing remaining time all the time.

6 Likes

I think this is a good idea, I’d like to suggest that you put this up on our uservoice site so we can take some more feedback on it in order to prioritize it

I’ve created suggestion here https://ogs.uservoice.com/forums/277766-online-go-com-suggestions-and-feature-requests/suggestions/6867282-remaining-time-when-it-is-a-weekend

1 Like

Sorry for answering here just to say “+1”, but i haven’t any voices left on uservoice, so i can’t vote this there. Just a little pic:

2 Likes

Migrating this essential oversight to uservoice has accomplished little over the last 6 months. It’s still impossible to see how long is left in a game that’s paused or on break for a week-end. OGS has some essential issues which actually render a lot of good work broken. Uservoice is great for what people want, but seems to be causing a lot, from this issue to broken match-making in tournaments, to get missed in the shuffle for relative luxuries. Not listening, or deflecting commentary because things aren’t brought to developer attention in the proscribed manner is simply bureaucracy at its worst.

2 Likes

Yeah, I also admit that I have mixed feelings about UserVoice … great danger for good ideas (like mine :smiley: ) to be lost among the sheer number of suggestions.

1 Like

Every now and then I lose a correspondence game on time simply because of rhythm and the fact that the “weekend” or “pause” marker obscures how much time is left in a game for the entire week-end or duration of the pause. Please always, always, always display the time left on every game.

Also have the next board button bring up the board with the shortest amount of time regardless of whether it’s paused, on vacation, or on week-end (great if it does that, but I suspect it doesn’t). Two little changes (the first one crucial) to help a person not end up flat footed on a Tuesday with no idea a game was short on time since Friday.

1 Like

I get caught up on this from time to time too!
Another thing that would be extremely helpful is some type of e-mail notifications when you’re running out of time in a correspondence game. E.g. one e-mail warning when 24hours left, another one when 1 hour left.

2 Likes

Note that you can vote for this request here:

1 Like

I’ve taken liberty to merge these two forum threads.