Rengo status

I do blame yebellz for sure.

In which case it looks like it’s working, for me. The game called " Desafio Rengo " shows up only when I click the rengo checkbox, and does not show up in the normal list.

2 Likes

In which case it looks like it’s working, for me. The game called " Desafio Rengo " shows up only when I click the rengo checkbox, and does not show up in the normal list.

Oh, wait, you’re right. My bad. I mistook the last game I played with MartDiv as the rengo I just played with him as a teammate. One had the title of “Desafio Twitch”, and the other “Desafio Rengo”. My bad, sorry.

1 Like

Yay, I love that sort of bug. I thought that might be it :slight_smile:

1 Like

If getting people to agree is the issue, could make it an any_of(players_from_team) type of deal. In other words only require acceptance from one player on each team, not necessarily the “active” one. I understand if that’s an implementation headache, but from a usage standpoint I think that gets a quick acceptance from concerned parties.

2 Likes

One thing that came to mind, just seeing someone timeout in Rengo, is that maybe we’d want functionality to fork a game for Rengo? That is to try pick up where you left off with same or different players.

I’m assuming it’s not really set up for that, unless there’s some special syntax to do it. It’s probably something that can go a good bit down the “it’d be nice list” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Whole discussion on that over here! Rengo: what to do about dropout / AFK players

3 Likes

sw

number of players that already accepted current challenge may be useful for others who going to accept

5 Likes

One issue seems to be that if you are waiting for a rengo correspondence game to start, you can no longer create a game or use the automatch buttons, as it’s all hidden by the rengo lobby.

9 Likes

Yeah, I hadn’t really expected people to be interested in rengo by correspondence at all :slight_smile:

With the current problems experience by folk in live Rengo, of their team-mates joining then abandoning, i think correspondence will be painful where that happens, so personally I’d be taking real care with my correspondence partners until that is fixed - in which case they probably are all organised to accept quickly anyhow.

All that said, that need to be fixed for sure.

4 Likes

A little bug -
If you start a “private” rengo game, only the first two players have access, the others will get an access-error on game start and the creator will have to give them permission manually after which they have to refresh their tab.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s this one:

3 Likes

Slightly concerned that the rengo list may become very full of correspondence games that never start, crowding out the live game challenges. Perhaps they should be split, and live rengo challenges placed in a category under the standard live challenges?

1 Like

Given that it is attracting interest, at least initially, this may need to be dealt with.

When you have screenshot of it actually being a problem in practice, let’s review?

Edit: I looked at the Play page just now, and I can see that at the very least Rengo challenges need to be sorted by time-setting.

3 Likes

Will this screenshot do?

1 Like

LOL I think that is a different problem

Not much I can do about that, I think?

1 Like

Isn’t this the problem?

Oh, when I asked about a screenshot, I was referring to

… however just visiting Play page convinced me already :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hm, I still think this is an issue that should move up the ladder… Waiting for a corr game to start for hours is very logical, but this not allowing me to create any other challenge, including live games, is a problem.

4 Likes

Got it - I see. You’re right, of course: I’ll see what can be done.

4 Likes

There’s a bug in the Active GAmes list. The opponent’s clock is shown under the size column for rengo games.

2 Likes