Rengo status

@_Sofiam , your name is impossible to read:
im

2 Likes

See:

2 Likes

I stand by this. This is clearly an issue with the player box gradient not being designed with rengo in mind, not an issue with the glorious and awesome purple mod names :heart::grin::wink:

4 Likes

Mod color should be hot pink, I rest my case.

IMG-20220208-WA0004

4 Likes

See…

:grin:

2 Likes

:woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

“I find your terms acceptable”

4 Likes

@Gia I have a patch ready, just let me know when the terms are met :laughing:

5 Likes

You’ll know when the time is right. :wink::innocent:

1 Like

I’m sure if I literally died for my cause, anoek would honour my death and not accept such a pull request :rofl:

5 Likes

Bug report:

When navigating the new huge Rengo game, I found that the first player (Claire Yang) is not correctly displayed. As you can see the players are the same on Move 0 and on Move 1, whereas it should have changed.

Yes, unfortunately we don’t currently have a record of “who played move zero”, and consequently not a record of “what the teams were after move zero”.

I saw it also, and discovered this, which stumped me on fixing it quickly (or maybe at all ever!)

2 Likes

@benjito’s Game History update is live now: better information is available about Rengo games, and the whole history is now displayed in the same table.

(Stronger/weaker colours in the table came unstuck, quick fix on its way)

5 Likes

Well, of course nobody played “move zero”, but surely we know who played Move 1?

The point is that when we are on Move zero it should display who played Move 1 (just like when we are on Move 1 it shows who will play Move 2 etc.)

I understand the point.

What I was trying to explain is that when navigating back in time, the cards for “who has to play Move N” comes from the information received about Move N -1.

When Move N arrives, it has a thing called “team update”. This tells us what the team is that is going to play move N+1. It’s not “Who Played” information, it is “Who is to play” information.

Since there is no information like this about Move 0, the cards can’t update.

It’s not even a problem like “this information is missing, just fill it in”, there is literally no place to store information about Move 0, it simply isn’t a thing.

In the face of that fact, I deprioritised fixing this. That’s what I was trying to explain :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Alright, it’s not really intuitive but thanks for the explanation!

1 Like

I agree it’s not at all intuitive, in fact it is the sort of thing that can make your head spin. :crazy_face:

I had a big gulp before even taking on “let’s update the cards as we step backwards” :slight_smile:

When you are stepping backwards, it seems obvious that what you want is “who played here?”

The trick is that going backwards is not the normal event. The normal event is going forwards. When someone plays, what you need to know for showing the cards is “Who plays next?”

IE The cards show “Who plays next” not “Who played”.

Therefore that is the information that is received and stored: the information we have at each move is “who plays next”, and this is what the cards know how to display.

It’s just very hard to keep that in mind when thinking about clicking the back arrow :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The already-much-dissed Auto Start feature is now available, FWIW.

It’s a casual-mode only thing. Hopefully not too many people are made sad by it :wink:

Auto-handicap is also available (strict and casual).

7 Likes

wow I had no idea that was coming soon, dope!

3 Likes

Moderator stealth mode :wink: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes