Rengo status

No, I was also able to play when it wasn’t my turn, provided I was still displayed as the “active” player (which is the case as long as I do not refresh).

4 Likes

Ah right, it could’ve been that when I stopped refreshing it already wasn’t my turn and I just started using the indicator. Fair enough, just trying to narrow it down a bit.

2 Likes

Yeah, as I mentioned:

My intention with what’s in there at the moment is that at a minimum there should be a clickable row in your Rengo Game History for each Rengo game you participated in, so you can go to the game.

What it actually says on that row in the table (including outcome and player ID, which often shows up as NAN at the moment) is all TBD.

(It wasn’t in “the contract” to have a Rengo Game History :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: Front-end hacker help to make that work would be wonderful, yes please! :wink: )

edit: Now that I think about it, I might just blank that row out for Rengo games, except the date and game name, to lessen the ugliness of it not being fully featured yet.

2 Likes

I’ve submitted the update for making the player cards reflect the actual situation as you step back through the game. Ironically, possibly the hardest thing so far :open_mouth:

I couldn’t reproduce the “my game gets stuck in active games after we time out”.

I’m thinking to wait for the latest updates to all be deployed on beta and see if it remains as an issue.

3 Likes

I think that may have been connected with anoek’s rollback…?

2 Likes

Hah - I like that line of thinking. So we wait for the new code, do some more testing, and hopefully don’t see that issue again! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Seems like the best approach :slight_smile: great work so far!

3 Likes

Do you mean “always it is the case that you have to refresh the page to see the next player change”?

Or do you mean “In some specific situation the next players did not change”?

I see it, on beta.

Something is really broken there - I’ll need @anoek help for that, it’s working for me locally.

The incoming changes for “being able to go backwards” change the way this works, so actually it’s a case of “lets get that in and see how we go”.

4 Likes

Whoa, @anoek is working on the weekend :slight_smile:

The new changes are in.

It’s definitely worth reconfirming any previously reported bugs and let me know here if they are still a problem.

Except “you can be on both teams”, you don’t have to report that again. I know what that is, I will fix it soon (meanwhile, to avoid it, make sure the display has updated with your previous team-change before clicking a new one :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

Now I can’t reach any rengo game by clicking on the moves counter. I don’t know if this is intentional.
Previously, only one of the two games I am playing.

1 Like

Thanks for the update - it will be good to keep an eye on this to help me understand when it does and does not work.

For example, if it is your turn in a Rengo game, does it say so … and in that case, does it take you there? Does reloading change things? Are the problems you see only related to games created before now, do new games work properly?

I will investigate as well - thus far I haven’t put any specific effort into making it work, it is just doing “whatever it does”, but ultimately the intent is that it should work properly.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that when it was my turn, the counter worked fine and I was redirected to the right game. I’ll let you know if it’s still the case when it’s my turn.
Updating the page does not change anything, but now I have 0 moves to play. From the counter I can only reach the 9x9 game. It might be interesting to see what happens if a player only has rengo games going on, but I think someone else can test this.
As for the new games, I can’t answer that yet :slight_smile:

Curiously it is working for me in this scenario:

• Correspondence Rengo Game
  • The only game I’m playing

… “0” shows when it is not my turn, and takes me there, “1” when it is my turn.

Now it works, I can reach every game by clicking on the counter.

Edit: false: it stopped to work after some tries. Now I can reach only 2 games, and the rengo one is not the same that I could reach earlier

1 Like

Clearly some investigation still to be done for me :slight_smile:

I guess if “the circle doesn’t quite work” is the worst problem we have, we’d be in pretty good shape :blush:

4 Likes

In my case I have two rengo games running and nothing else. The circle works fine.

Edit: no. See next message.

1 Like

In fact if it’s not my turn and I didn’t make the last move, the circle doesn’t appear at all.

3 Likes

Yep! I think I’ve nailed most of the things causing these issues, fix is submitted to anoek for review.

4 Likes

The latest fixes are on beta now.

If you find a bug not listed in the top post please describe it following here.

3 Likes

I have a suggestion, not really a bug, but noticed that the Ai review ran automatically when I played as the first on a team but not otherwise. I’m wondering how the ai reviews might interact with rengo for example.

Would a site supporter be able to run a review if none of their team mates or opponents were supporters for example?

It doesn’t seem like a must, but might be something that does come anyway.

4 Likes