Rengo status

I’m on my way, just detained slightly still, by an ogre that won’t die.

2 Likes

The rengo scoring bug is even worse than we knew. Leaving the tab open does not work. The system changes the acceptance to non-acceptance after about one hour, even with the tab open.

If anyone would be willing to write a sequence of events I can use to reliably create the “scoring bug” that’d get me off to a good start.

TIA

-2 teams of players play a casual rengo game

• it finishes, both the same teams pass
  • one team accepts the score
  • this is recorded in the game log, but it disappears visually if that player leaves the tab and apparently after one hour
  • if the other team accepts the same score, the game ends with that score
  • if not, players are, one by one, eliminated by timeout

Probably related: I have seen 4-5 times the timer stuck at 0.0, but it doesn’t happen always and I don’t know why.

Here a recent example. It ended when aga3d accepted the score but I timed out before that.
I think it’s not as bad as it seems, but still something that can be improved

5 Likes

Thanks. I can immediately envisage a situation where the score clock makes the game clock stop for “black” and “white” but not “the other players”, or something along those lines…

I think this has been a Thing since before Rengo…

4 Likes

Thanks! Would be nice to see the gamelog on what happened there ^^

another case of rengo game doing something weird in scoring, i think my last remaining teammate already marked the stones properly and accepted it, but then they timed out and the suggested score got all wonky again.

1 Like

This is now totally the next thing on my list, may have a chance to look on the weekend.

7 Likes

Fix submitted.

7 Likes

But it doesn’t work?

Or is it only for new games?

Hasn’t been deployed yet, AFAIK … its with anoek.

2 Likes

Ah, excuse me.

1 Like

That’s in now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Emh, I don’t see that black accepted the score here :sweat_smile:
Only new games?

1 Like

Should be in all games … back to the drawing board eh

2 Likes

I tested this both locally (on my own machine) and here on the main server, and it seemed to work.

Let’s be on the lookout for other examples: I haven’t been able to see a failure happen myself.

scoring system still suggests all stones on the board being alive 友谊赛

The problem in the game you cite is not particular to rengo. That appear to be the autoscore bug from 2020, which is now increasingly occurring in non-rengo games (assuming that someone did not mark the dead stones alive).

1 Like

It might be only correspondence: here I don’t see that black accepted the score. Same here and here

2 Likes

When trying to launch the ai review on finished rengo game