Resigned then timed out on casual rengo game

In this casual rengo game: https://online-go.com/game/43155460

We can see in the logs:

2022-07-08T19:58:00Z, ‘ArsenLapin1’ left: Resignation.

2022-07-24T06:50:00Z, ‘ArsenLapin1’ left: Timed out.

I resigned on July 8 specifically because I was going to be away for 2 weeks and did not want to impose the timeout on the other players. But the timeout happened anyway, long after my resignation.

9 Likes

The neglect of this interesting post is notable. Does anyone have an explanation for this anomaly? Can anything be done to rectify it? @GreenAsJade, @anoek

“Neglect” is an interesting choice of word. In what way is it “notable”? The whole phrase comes across as rather perjorative to me.

I wonder if my attitude guardians can advise whether I’m being overly sensitive viewing it that way? :wink:

It’s the first time I’ve seen it, less than a day after it was posted. Thanks for “drawing it to my attention”.

While clearly it’s a bug, can someone describe in more detail what the detrimental effect has been, and what perhaps should be done about it (other than fixing the bug)?

5 Likes

It’s notable because such interesting posts usually draw a lot of comment, but this one didn’t.

You’re welcome for my drawing it to your attention. I figured since you did a lot in the construction of the rengo functionality, that you might have the most insight and interest concerning this bug.

I wasn’t there when I timed out, I only saw the message in the logs two days ago. So I don’t know whether it was really my turn and everyone had to wait for me until I timed out; or whether the bug only produced the timeout message with no other bad effect.

1 Like